XXI.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act iii !

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 Angela did when she pulled up to First Beach was pull out her phone to text the boys and let them know she arrived

However, before she could even open her chat with them — Jacob suddenly popped up out of nowhere in front of the car and screamed as loud as possible in an attempt to scare Angela. And it worked, as the Weber girl yelped in fright and almost dropped her phone — catching it in the nick of time.

She closed her eyes and placed a hand on her chest, trying to calm her racing heart as she allowed the relief to enter her body at realizing it was only Jacob. Behind her, Isaac and Josh were giggling, finding the whole thing rather amusing.

"He got you good, Gigi!" Isaac laughed, while Josh nodded in agreement.

Angela turned to playfully glare at her brothers. "You little traitors knew he was there, didn't you?"

The silence from the two boys said it all.

Angela simply smiled and shook her head as she turned back around, now seeing Embry and Quil sharing a laugh with Jacob 'the Jumpscare' Black.

She quickly got out of the car and approached Embry, Quil, and the still-laughing Jacob. She lightly smacked him on the arm in reprimand — to which he dramatically clutched his arm and winced, acting as if he was in the worst pain ever while Quil and Embry laughed even harder.

"Damn, Lala — for such a little girl, you sure got a heavy hand." Jacob groaned.

Angela looked down at herself and then back up to Jacob as she raised a brow. "Failing to see the 'little' here, but regardless — that's your lesson for scaring me. You totally just made me look like a loser in front of my little brothers." She whined, her eyes moving to look at the car for a brief moment.

Normally Angela would take some time to show her playful side with others — but there was just something about the three Quileute boys that made her feel comfortable. She didn't feel any of her usual shyness around them, which allowed her to open herself up more and come out of her shell.

Embry smirked playfully and rustled Angela's hair, before making a dash back towards the beach, his loud laughter carrying in the breeze.

"Wha- Embry!" Angela shouted, a smile making its way to her face as she realized why he had done that.

She had randomly texted him a silly picture of her hair all messed up after playing with her brothers in the yard, and complained about how fuzzy her hair had become.

Embry, of course, had just sent a 'Lol' and told her that the next time he saw her he was going to mess with her hair just because of her text now.

She didn't think he'd actually remember though, and something within Angela melted at that. Even though it was just something as small as that — it meant a lot to her.

So as she watched Embry run off, she didn't bother chasing after him. She still had to get Isaac and Josh out of the car anyways.

"Don't worry, Lala, I'll get him for you!" Quil smirked, before letting out a holler and breaking off into a sprint to catch up to Embry on the sand. Not even a few seconds later — Jacob was joining them.

Angela simply smiled and shook her head in fond amusement at her friends, and moved to get her brothers out of the car.

She would formally introduce them to her friends in a minute. But first, she grabbed the beach bag out of the car and double-checked with the boys that they had all their toys. She then locked the door and opened her phone to send some quick texts to Edward.

Angela
Just got to the beach.

Angela
Everyone is safe.

Angela
Going to find a spot to sit on the sand with the boys.

Edward
Thank you for checking in, Angel.

Edward
Stay safe, okay?

Angela
Always. I promise.

She then put her phone in the beach bag and smiled, as she took one hand of each twin into her own hands and began walking with them through the sand.

"You boys ready to have some fun at the beach!?" She questioned enthusiastically, to which both Isaac and Josh cheered happily.

"How about this? Last one's feet to touch the water has cooties!" Angela shouted as she began to run — slowing down as soon as her brothers began to race her. She would let them win, of course, and use the opportunity of their distraction to set the bag down and lay out the sheet to sit on.

So as her brothers took off in front of her, and the crisp breeze blew against her warm face — Angela smiled, taking in the gentle sound of the waves crashing.

It was going to be a good day, she just knew it.