IX.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act i !

— 𝐀𝐃𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐎𝐓 being around Jessica as much came easier to Angela than she thought it would, and it made her a little sad to think that it was probably because they'd already been drifting apart for a while

They still saw each other in passing and exchanged smiles and waves, but it wasn't the same. Angela knew it wouldn't be, of course. But it still sucked a little. Luckily, she had the Cullens.

She still had no clue as to why they'd even taken her in as a part of their group, but she was very thankful for it. They understood her in a way that her old friends never did.

Especially Edward.

Angela smiled at just the thought of him. Everything was just so...easy with him. They slot into each other's lives with a naturalness that should honestly have taken longer to settle in than it did.

But she definitely wasn't complaining.

They were all seated at lunch, and Alice was talking to her about taking pictures this weekend.

"That sounds great! We could go to First Beach in La Push this weekend or something."

The Cullens fell into a tense silence at her words, causing the Weber girl to frown. "Did I...say something wrong?"

Edward wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "No, it's okay. We just don't really go to La Push. It's...not for us."

Angela nodded. "Oh, okay. That's fine! We can go somewhere else, for sure. There's plenty of places to capture nice photos."

"Do you go to La Push often?" Rosalie suddenly asked.

Angela shrugged. "Every other weekend or so. I used to go with Jessica guys to watch them surf. And sometimes I'd go by myself when I wanted to take photos."

Edward tightened his hold slightly at her words. "Don't go there by yourself anymore. It could be dangerous." The rest of the family nodded in agreement at his words.

Angela patted the bronze-haired boy's hand reassuringly. "Don't worry, guys. I know when the tides are crazy. I don't even usually get in the water, really."

"Do you just take pictures and leave?" Jasper asked, not unkindly.

Angela shrugged. "Sometimes I talk to the locals. I met this really nice guy at the beach the other weekend. His name is Jacob. His other friends — Embry and Quil, are pretty cool too."

"Do you know their last names?" Edward asked, looking uncomfortable.

Angela frowned. "Let me check my contacts."

She opened the contacts app and nodded. "Their last names are all super close to each other. Makes it easier to find them. It's...Quil Ateara, Jacob Black, and Embry Call."

All of the Cullens tensed as she read the three boys' names aloud, causing Angela to frown once more.

"What is going on with you guys?" She questioned.

Edward smiled awkwardly. "Nothing, Angel. Don't worry about it."

Angela nodded, though something in her gut told her something was wrong. Pushing it aside, she resumed her conversation with Alice about where they could go on Saturday, as she continued to eat her lunch.

So lost in the conversation, she almost didn't notice how the Cullens didn't touch their food once.

— 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐀'𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃 of the day was a free period, so she chose to spend it in the library. She'd been getting rides to and from school with Edward ever since the first time, and seeing as that meant spending less money on gas and more money saved for her family — she readily accepted.

That wasn't the only reason, of course. She loved spending time with Edward, and their car ride talks were always just for them. She loved it.

Her parents liked it too, as they had really taken a liking to Edward — especially her mom. More often than not, she was the one to bring him up during dinner.

Her brothers also really liked Edward. Mainly because he always gave them candy when he thought she wasn't looking, but they liked him nonetheless.

Though he still wasn't allowed to use the 'Gigi' nickname.

All in all, everything between Edward and Angela was perfect. And she hoped it stayed that way.

If only she knew the storm that was coming.