E I G H T E E N | L.W.

January 5th, 2021

Louis Weasley's POV

"Aha!" Dad dodged my Épée with a swift move of his hips. "Nice try, Louis!"

We were both in Fencing uniforms, stark white along with the snow on the beach of Shell Cottage. Dad pulled his helmet off, setting it onto the snowy ground. His fiery red hair shone in the setting sunlight and he stood in a proper stance.

He was panting when he said. "Okay, son. Here. You want to distract your opponents. Don't thrust your Épée into your opponents chest right away," Dad gave an example, lightly thrusting the blade onto my leg, successfully getting me to look down before lightly touching the Épée to my stomach. I looked up at him and he smiled. "You see?"

"Yes," I said, panting myself. My light French accent dripping into my words. "Thank you."

Dad slid his helmet back on and nodded when he got back into stance. "Ready."

And we took to Fencing once more.

I managed to get a couple hits in, with Dad yelling, "That's it, Louis!" and his body cord would beep.

I was getting more confident in my abilities when Dominique walked down to the beach, a white scarf slung around her neck, a white hat with an overly large pom-pom on top, and white woolen mittens. Her arms were crossed and when she got to Dad and I, she called, "Mother says dinner will be ready in 10 minutes. She would like you both to get ready."

I stuck my Épée into the snowy ground and pulled off my helmet, I heaved a breath. "May we have five more minutes?"

"Mother said now," Dominique hummed. She rubbed her hands together. "She wants you to shower. She doesn't want sweaty men at our dinner table."

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "Alright."

Dad clapped me on the back. "Good sport, Louis. Thank you, Min."

Dominique grinned, her cheeks laced with red from the cold. "Of course, Papa."

Dominique rushed up to the cottage, she wasn't in her coat so I imagine she was freezing. I looked to Dad and pulled my Épée out of the ground. "Can we Fence more tomorrow?"

"Of course we can," Dad said, smiling. "You've made incredible progress."

We walked up to the cottage, our helmets under our arms and sweating so much that the cold bite of the air was the most refreshing thing in the world.

When we got inside, Dad told me to shower first. I went up, stripping myself of my tight Fencing uniform as soon as I got into the toilet.

When I stepped into the shower, I fought the urge to moan. The temperature was perfectly hot. But I didn't waste time just standing there, I washed myself as quickly as I could, stretching my sore muscles as I went along.

When I was done, I hopped out of the shower, picking up my clothes and wrapping myself into a fluffy towel that smelled like laundry detergent.

I rushed to my bedroom and locked the door, looking for clothes I could wear for dinner and then for a more relaxing night.

I decided on a pair of plaid pyjama pants and a white t-shirt. It was simple and I could go to bed in it afterwards. I dried my hair with my towel, not being able to use my wand due to the strict rules on not being able to use magic outside of Hogwarts grounds.