Chapter 19: What Are You Up To?

Kitumekawa gazed at the student report that was displayed on his computer screen. That distinct bubblegum pink hair, those red eyes that gleamed with mystery, that placid smile that was always plastered on. As he was examining the seemingly normal-looking photo of Satou, he held his phone up to his ear. It was another attempt to contact her aunt and speak to her.

"I am not at home at the moment. Please leave a message after the beep-" Kitaumekawa simply hung up after failing to get into contact with Satou's aunt yet again. His hand slowly descended and rested on his desk. 'No answer today as well. I've been trying to contact her every day.' the teacher thought to himself. He squinted hard at Satou's picture, observing every inch of her face. That smile. It was a fake smile, he knew it. He knew that the real Satou didn't smile that much.

'That trash she gave me the other day...I got rid of it. I didn't check what was inside, and neither did I ask her. No other teacher in the school, me included, has ever seen Satou's aunt before, or even heard her voice. Is this just because she refuses to speak to us? Or is it...' Kitaumekawa's mind drifted back to the day Satou had handed him that trash. It felt so off-putting, it couldn't have been normal trash. A rather gruesome thought crossed the teacher's mind suddenly.

An idea to what could have happened to Satou's aunt. A reason as to why she never picked up any of his calls. 'But is that really possible? Especially with a young girl like Satou? No...Despite her being a young girl, Satou is abnormal.' more memories of his interactions with Satou flooded his mind the more he thought about the situation. 'That look in her eyes when she berated me like I was nothing. I'll never forget how much adrenaline rushed through my entire body!' Kitaumekawa began shaking as he felt that familiar tingling feeling. His eyes were crazed and there was a lustful tint of pink blush on his cheeks. "How could I ever forget?" he panted.

Deranged giggles and sharp breaths escaped the teacher. Slowly, he leaned forward and pressed his tongue against Satou's picture. He slid his tongue across the whole image, leaving his saliva to drip down. The teacher leaned back in his chair and wiped his lips. 'More.' he thought. 'Insult me until I'm in tears. Step on me until I can't breathe. Pleasure me even more!' there was a smug smirk tugging at his lips. His lustful fantasies of his student continued throughout the day.

"Ah, I'm so glad I'm so late!" Shoko panted as she walked alongside Satou during their shift at the cafe they worked at. She looked at her friend. "Satou, they're closing up shop early today." Satou tilted her head as she hasn't heard of that news. Shoko shuffled closer to whisper into her friend's ear. "I heard that someone committed a really gruesome crime near this place just last night. I heard that both of those victims had their eyes gouged out of their sockets..." Shoko's eyes grew dark as she continued her horror story. Her hand flew up to her mouth as she put on a dramatic look of fear on her face. "All according to those rumors!" she cried out fearfully. Satou pretended to be enlightened by the news, as if she had just heard of it. She dragged out an interested 'really?' and listened as Shoko continued speaking. "Yep, and that's why they're telling us to run straight home after today's shift." she said. Satou continued smiling and looking ahead, paying no actual mind to Shoko's spiel. She thought about cleaning up the house. Y/N's sweet presence would make cleaning around the house so much more enjoyable, especially since they'd be happy that she would be home early. Satou smiled at the thought.

"I tell you about a gruesome murder and that's seriously your first priority?" Shoko judged her friend. She gazed at Satou's serene expression and looked to the side. She decided to tell her about what she saw as she was walking home with Asahi. "I saw two men fighting in the park last night actually. Men seriously terrify me at times." Satou glanced over at her friend's downcast expression. Shoko grabbed onto her hand and leaned her head against hers. "Ah, Satou! Please be my bride!" she said in a whiny voice, making Satou chuckle lightly.

Their boss clapped her hands together, a pouty look on her face. "Hey, hey, girls. You're late for work and somehow you're finding time to chatter? Don't you know that you're getting your paychecks today?" the boss lectured. Shoko pouted, an air of defiance surrounding her.

"Mitori-senpai, according to the clock, we aren't late yet! We're safe!" Shoko spread her arms widely. The senior girl put her hand of her hip as she looked at her employee's defiant face. "It'd be a miracle if you girls got ready faster than the seniors. Am I right?" she tutted in a matter-of-fact voice, looking over to the giggling Su. Satou plastered on her doll-like smile. "We're terribly sorry for being late. To make up for it, we'll work extra hard today." she said in a sweet tone.

Her boss's eyes held a worried gleam as they glanced over at her. "Matsuzaka, you're working like nobody's business. You've got a number of shifts, haven't you? Is everything alright? I mean, it's not as if finance is an issue for you, right?" she said. Satou continued smiling, but this time her fake one melted into a real one. She needed money to keep her beloved Y/N smiling. She wanted to buy them anything and everything. Y/N's innocent smiles were everything to her. "Mitori-senpai, I have a dream. And I need to earn a lot of money in order to make this dream come true. That's why I'm going to try my hardest every day!" Satou explained. Su stared at her with admiring eyes. She adored how passionate and true Satou was. "You're giving your all for your dream, that's simply wonderful, Satou-senpai." Satou's senior agreed with that.

"Alright, time to work our hardest today as well!" the senior girl pumped her fist up, smiling as the others did the same. Her smile faded as she called out to Satou to ask her something. "Oh yes, um, Matsuzaka?" Satou turned to her. "A package that we sent to you was returned. We tried sending this package multiple times, but no one has accepted it. Do you know about this?" the senior explained. Satou shook her head. She apologized and said she would take the package home by herself. Her senior shook it off and said it was no problem. Satou's eyes trailed around the small cafe, taking note of a certain person's absence. "...Where's Mitsuboshi-kun?"

"Oh, Mitsuboshi? He's taking time off from work at the moment. We might not have many workers today, but let's try our best, okay?" Satou nodded and didn't say any more.