Chapter 30: Happy Sugar Life

"Do NOT touch my child." a cold voice spoke. Satou's eyes, which had been staring lovingly at Y/N's face, snapped towards the woman. Her happiness immediately dissipated and was replaced by protective anger. She slid Y/N's frail body behind her and stared at the woman with hatred. The woman held her gun by her side. She let out a reluctant sigh and stepped forward, which alerted Satou into grabbing onto Y/N's wrist in case they needed to make a run for it.

Mizuki L/N sighed once more, then smiled gently. "Y/N-chan, I know you won't forgive me for leaving you alone for so many years. You don't have to forgive me. You just need to come with me so that I can keep you safe. You are my blessing, my moon, my dear child. I can't live without you. Please, Y/N-chan, leave her side and come to me." she outstretched her arms in a welcoming gesture. Something about that gesture seemed so warm to Y/N. So familiar and so safe. A mother's open arms. But they remained by Satou's side, clutching her sleeve tightly and trying not to show their nervousness. "I...remember now. I remember everything. You made me leave. You abandoned me, so why should I come back?" Y/N found themself talking. Satou turned back to look at them with a sympathetic expression on her face. "I had no choice. I didn't want him to hurt you. It took so long for him to die. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. It was all for your sake, I did it all so that I could keep you safe." Mizuki pleaded, tears beginning to form in her eyes when she remembered the home she had been forced to live in. Satou glared coldly.

"You abandoned them nonetheless. I'm the one who took them in and showered them with love. I don't see why they should go with you when I'm all they need." Satou turned a loving smile towards Y/N, which they gladly returned. Mizuki was irked by her words. She knew Satou was bad news from the start. She knew she had something to do with the disappearance of her child. The hand which held the gun twitched with anger, but she calmed herself down and shifted the gun into a different position. "You didn't take them in. You kidnapped them. And you know why? It's because you're refusing to give them back to me. What are you to them?" Mizuki spat coldly. Satou raised her head high. "I'm their wife." she said with an air of confidence.

Mizuki scoffed with disbelief. But then her eyes fell onto the rings on both of their fingers. She realized that Satou wasn't joking. They were actually...married. "So you're claiming that you're in love with them? You know, I wouldn't mind that. If only you didn't kidnap my child. I will not allow them to be with you, because you took them away. Away from me." Mizuki pointed a finger at Satou, her eyes boring into the girl. Satou didn't speak, merely glaring daggers at Mizuki.

Y/N stood up straight. They were waiting for the moment they could say something. Spew out their mixed up feelings for their mother and their whole situation. "You left me alone. You left me to die out in the cold. I wanted to stay with you, even if that meant getting hurt. I wouldn't have cared if I was hurt, because as long as I had you, I would have been fine. But you left me. If I go with you, what if you leave me again?" Y/N's voice cracked and shook. All those cold nights they had to go without food, all those cold nights they spent wailing into their hands, all those cold nights they lived without their mother. Hatred eventually began growing in their heart. But for the sake of not feeling any more pain, they pushed it all to the back of their mind. And upon meeting Satou, they forgot about their unhappy years of solitude. That's right. Satou had provided them the comfort, the respect, the love that they desperately needed. They couldn't leave her, no matter what anyone says. These facts were set straight in Y/N's heart. "Oh, I couldn't let you get hurt. You couldn't end up like me. I wanted you to be able to smile. To experience joy. To fall in love with a good person who respects you." Mizuki began.

"I wanted you to start a happy family. I don't want you to become a sad, pathetic person like me. You could be so much more, Y/N-chan. I want to help you. Please, come with me." Mizuki was begging now. Fall in love with a good person who respects you? Y/N blinked. That was Satou. Satou was the person they loved, the person that respected them, the person that made it possible for them to smile. They let out a quiet sigh and looked at the desperate Mizuki.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐔𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐃𝐨 𝐔𝐬 𝐀𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 | 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐮 𝐌. 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 🎉