Chapter 17: This Monochromatic Night

"Hey, you! I'll kill you, just you wait!" his friend cried, an angry expression crossing his face. He charged forward, intending to harm Satou. But with a simple flick of her wrist, Satou threw the taser and it sliced his cheek. He smirked as the taser missed him, thinking the girl's attack had failed. "Heh, you dumb slut! You think a puny, unarmed little girl like you can take me on?" the man mocked. Satou bent down and her hands closed around the straps of the duffle bag.

"You little bit-" the man's insulting sentence was cut off by the duffle bag making direct contact with his face. With all her might, Satou had swung the bag across the man's face and knocked him to the ground. After the man had been thrown onto the ground, Satou let out a nonchalant sigh. Her eyes still remained dark and predatorial. She wouldn't stop her actions until she was absolutely sure that these men wouldn't be able to cause her beloved Y/N any more harm.

Satou's grip loosened and the bag dropped onto the ground. The crashing of metal was made by the plethora of weapons stored inside of it. "I got to learn about it the hard way, you know?" her voice rang eerily into the night. She bent down to rummage through the bag. "When your most special person isn't by your side anymore, your entire existence becomes monochrome."

She walked over to the two men once she found the weapon she was looking for. She loomed over the terrified men, her taser still sparking. "But, this terrible night that has caused me so much pain will finally meet its end now." the men whimpered pathetically. They didn't see a girl in front of them anymore, but rather, a psychotic killer that would stop at nothing to apparently protect the one she holds near to her heart. They had unfortunately crossed her boundaries.

"Why don't we all just go home, yeah?" Satou's voice was perfectly steady. But her words were dark and her bloodlust was practically oozing out of them. The men could see it in her eyes. Those blood red irises saw them as nothing more than crooks that needed to be eliminated and disposed of. Satou reached down and grabbed a handful of one man's dark hair. She skillfully twisted the knife in her hand so that the blade was facing his eye. The man's tears flooded his eyes. "W-Wait...stop! What do you think you're-" the man spluttered, fearing for his life.

Satou bent down and leveled her face with his. Her cold face drained from insanity was the last thing he saw before his vision was blotched with crimson red. "Stop! Please, I'm begging you!" the man cried. His choking sobs and spluttering pleas were all that escaped his quivering lips.

As the flickering light of the lamppost completely went out, screams and cries of agony seeped into the monochrome night. The silver rays of moonlight illuminated the crimson red blood that had been splattered onto the once green grass. A reflection of that night's inhuman actions.

Weary blue eyes opened, and he moved his fingers slightly to make sure he was in touch with reality. He raised his head. "Y/N-chan..." was the first thing the young man muttered. His heart felt cold and lonely. He had been so warmed by meeting the angel of his dreams, but now they were gone, and he was left in his gray world once again. But his sharp eyes caught movement. Movement of a familiar young girl carrying his angel away, away to who knows where.

However, no one knew that a certain woman was watching quietly from a hidden area of the park. That girl, the same girl who had helped take care of her when she had been assaulted by those two men. She killed them without remorse. And they had taken her child. That's where they've been all along. That girl kidnapped them and took them as her own. "I'll get you back, my poor child. I'll save you from that girl." the woman mumbled to herself in a dark tone.