Chapter 27 - Polnareff Joins the crusaders

"The boat we chartered from the Speedwagon Foundation yesterday should be at the harbor now." Joesph said as the crusaders walked around the harbor, looking around for their boat. All of them stopped as they saw a familiar face approach them. 

"What's wrong?" Avdol asked, "Something on your mind, Polnareff?". "I need to thank you for freeing me from Dio's mind control." Polnareff said. "Well don't thank me, thank Jojo." Avdol said, gesturing to Jotaro. "I'm good." Jotaro said. Avdol chuckled, "It was a kind thought, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears." 

"I also came to ask you a question." Polnareff said, approaching Joesph, "Monsieur Joestar, I hope you'll indulge my asking of a very bizarre question." "Bizarre question?" Joesph asked, curious to hear what Polnareff was about to say. 

"I know it's none of my business, but I noticed you never took of your gloves, even while eating. Your left hand wouldn't happen to be a right hand, would it?" Polnareff asked with a serious face. "What? My left hand a right one? You weren't kidding about the bizarre part. What are you talking about?" Joesph asked, confused. 

(Y/N) did think that it was quite a bizarre thing to ask. Why would Polnareff think Joesph's left hand was a right one? And if it was, why would he care?

 Polnareff stared at Joesph with a serious look. "I am looking for the man that murdered my sister." Polnareff said. The crusaders were shocked, they looked at Polnareff as if asking him to explain. "I don't know what he looks like, but I do know that he has two right hands." Polnareff said. 

Joesph took off his glove, revealing his prosthetic hand. "It's a wound from fifty years ago... a badge of honor." Joesph said, staring at his prosthetic. "I apologize for being so rude. Please forgive me." Polnareff said. "Can you explain what happened with your sister?" Joesph asked Polnareff. 

"It was three years ago... My little sister was walking home from school with a classmate one rainy day. It was in our hometown, a small countryside village in France. On the side of the road, a man stood with his back to them. Strangely, in the middle of pouring rain, as if surrounded by some invisible membrane, the rain fell in torrents around him. Then suddenly, her classmate's chest was sliced open, as if with a sickle. And then... He had his way with my sister and left her dead. The man wanted nothing more. Her friend escaped with her life to tell me the tale of that fateful day. She never did see his face, but she did see that he had two right hands. No one believed her, but I knew. I knew that man had a power not unlike the one which I had been hiding all these years." Polnareff said, clenching his fist in anger. 

(Y/N) felt horrible that such a terrible thing happened to his sister, a normal person is helpless against a stand user. 

"He's a stand user all right." Joesph said, listening to Polnareff's story. "I SWORE AN OATH! I promised my sister's soul I would avenge her, to hunt down her killer and make him pay with his life! And I would use my stand as a means of righteous vengeance! Then, one year ago, I met Dio. He planted his flesh bud within my forehead, and then I was ordered to kill you all. I felt it was the right thing to do." Polnareff said. "The flesh bud is partially responsible, but it seems he's quite the manipulator." Avdol said, crossing his arms. 

"Indeed. And judging by that story, I would say that the man with two right hands is already Dio's underling." Kakyoin said, deep in thought. "I've made up my mind. I want to travel with you to Egypt! By going after Dio, I'll find the one who took my sister's life!" Polnareff exclaimed. 

"What do you say, everyone?" Kakyoin asked. "I have no objections." Avdol said. "Even if we told him no, he'd just follow along." Joesph said, shrugging. "It's fine with me" (Y/N) said, giving Polnareff a friendly smile. "Yare Yare Daze..." Jotaro said, pulling his hat down. "I think that's a yes." (Y/N) translated. "The honor is mine." Polnareff said, smiling. 

"Excuse me? Would you mind taking our picture?" Two girls asked, shoving (Y/N) out of the way to get to Jotaro. "Bitches..." (Y/N) muttered under her breath. 

Without even waiting for a response from Jotaro the girls said, "Thank you! We want our backs toward the ocean." "SHUT UP ALREADY! GO BUG SOMEONE ELSE!" Jotaro yelled. 

"I'd be glad to take your picture." Polnareff said, shoving Jotaro out of the way to talk to the girls. "Oh my, you have very nice legs. I'll be sure to get them in the shot!" Polnareff said, about to take  some pictures.

 Jotaro stood next to (Y/N), "I can already tell he's gonna be annoying." Jotaro said, watching Polnareff excitedly take pictures of the girl's legs. "Yeah... I kinda regret letting him join us now." (Y/N) said. They both snickered watching the girls smile uncomfortably as Polnareff took the pictures. 

Authors note: pol pol is such a fun character to write, i feel like im gonna have some fun writing him later. i love jotaro so much, i feel like we would lowkey get along in real life so it's fun to make little convos and small interactions between (Y/N) and jotaro. hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, byeeee <3

Question of the Day: What is your favorite Stone Ocean character?

also im really exited for new Stone Ocean on December 1st! <3