Chapter 19 - Dio's curse

Joesph set out all his spirt photos on the table and everyone gathered around. "No matter how many times I try, he's always hiding in the darkness." Joesph said disappointedly. "We've tried everything we can but to no avail." Avdol said. (Y/N) kneeled down next to the men, observing the photos. DIO was posing in all of the pictures, he looked like a magazine model or a renaissance painting. It was almost like he knew he was being watched. "Can you hand me one of those?" Jotaro asked, putting his hand out. "Yeah" (Y/N) said handing him one of the polaroids.

 Jotaro brought out his stand, it hovered over him observing the photo too. The purple stand concentrated with all it's might, it's eyes never leaving one spot. (Y/N) stood up and looked at the picture too, although it was harder for her because she was no where near as tall as Jotaro. She wondered what his stand was so focused on, to her it looked like there was nothing there. 

"Looks like it found something." Jotaro said, walking over to a drawer to get paper and a pencil. He held up the sketchbook to his stand and gave it a pencil. The stand's hands started to move so fast (Y/N) could only see a blur. It's hands were steady, creating precise lines that eventually turned into a fly. "A fly?" (Y/N) asked, looking at the finished picture "Don't get me wrong, the drawing is beautiful but how is this going to help?". 

"Wait! I know this species!" Avdol said excitedly. "What?" Both Joesph and (Y/N) asked, confused on how Avdol could know the exact species. "Jotaro, do you have an encyclopedia I can use?" Avdol asked. "Yeah, we have a library over there." Jotaro said, pointing across a bridge and to a room. "Thank you." Avdol said hurriedly and scurried off. 

As soon as Avdol left the room Holly's eyes opened slowly, before the could say anything Joesph leaned down and kept her from moving. "Just rest." Joesph said calmly. "Jotaro, can you get some water for her?" Joesph asked. Jotaro left the room quietly and went to go get water.

 Kakyoin walked past the door to the room and stopped, he looked at Holly, his eyes softening. (Y/N) asked "Hey Kakyoin, wanna go check on Avdol? He's been gone for a while.". She could tell that the boy was sad and she wanted to take his mind off it. "Yeah..." Kakyoin said walking off to the library. (Y/N) followed, walking in silence because Kakyoin looked deep in thought. 

When they got to the library Avdol immediately said, "Sorry, but I'm a bit busy right now.". "Is it really possible for your own stand to kill you?" Kakyoin asked.  Avdol looked up from his book and stared at Kakyoin with a somber face."It is... In the past i've seen many people suffer this fate." Avdol said seriously. 

(Y/N) looked down at her feet. She didn't want to be a downer but she didn't think it was possible to save Holly. She didn't want to doubt Avdol, but a fly... seriously? How could they help Holly? Based on what little information they had... it seemed impossible. 

"Right now, the stand has only reached her back. If it spreads, her condition will worsen and the vines will take over her body until... she dies." Avdol said. Kakyoin and (Y/N)'s eyes widened. They knew what would probably happen but hearing the words come out of Avdol's mouth made the situation seem more real. "But... There is still hope." Avdol said, "It will take 50 days for the vines to fully take over. We have to find DIO before that. If we find and kill DIO the bond will be broken and the curse will be lifted.". 

Both Kakyoin and (Y/N) nodded, they knew what must be done. They couldn't just let the woman that took them in and cared for them just die. They had to save her. (Y/N) didn't only want to do it for Holly, she wanted to help Joesph, her mentor ever since she was little, and Jotaro who she had helped with his stand. "Well, we'll let you get on with your research. Tell us if you find anything!" (Y/N) said to Avdol, a new sense of hope with her. 

Authors note: ik i haven't posted in a while but I was busy, also sorry this chapter is a bit shorter. i wanted to get it out faster since half of it was sitting in my drafts and I didn't want to leave you guys without content for a while. Also, what did you guys think of the first episode of STONE OCEAN batch 2? I really liked it but i'm watching one episode each week so plz no spoilers past that point. I was kinda disappointed we didn't get a new OP but It's fine bc I liked the old one, also that scene at the end of the OP where Jolyne leans on Jotaro is so fucking cute 🥹. anyways, happy labor day weekend and byeeee <3