Chapter 41 - Polnareff's Mission

"So, the Indian leg of our journey is finally upon us." Joesph sighed, the boat rocking slightly as they inched closer to the dock, "But, well, I'm a bit worried. I've always heard India is the land of curry and rampant disease..." He muttered, scratching his beard. "It's alright, i'm sure the food will be great." (Y/N) said, imagining all the good foods that they couldn't get in America or Japan."I'm worried my stomach won't be able to handle the culture gap." Polnareff groaned. 

"That assessment is rather disoriented. You don't have to worry. India is a beautiful country with wonderful people." Avdol reassured them. The boat slammed against the dock and the door opened up to the loud noises of the city. "Well, this is Calcutta. Let's get going." Avdol said, marching out into the street. 

(Y/N) grabbed her bag and the crusaders slid into the middle of a crowd, trying to make their way to a restaurant. "Hey! Give me a tip!" Children shouted, pulling of (Y/N)'s shirt. She gently shook them off and grabbed onto Jotaro's jacket, trying not to get separated as they followed Avdol. 

"Let me carry that for you!" A random man approached Polnareff, reaching for his bag. "Want a tattoo? You're very handsome." One man asked Kakyoin. "Need some anti-venom? It won't hurt your stomach." Another man asked Joesph, shoving a medicine vial in his face. "Ugh! I stepped in a pile of cow shit!" Polnareff yelled. 

All the crusaders seemed to be overwhelmed by the people around them except Avdol, who was conversing with some of the locals. "Tip! Tip! Tip! Tip!" More children yelled, pulling on Jotaro's chain. "If you don't give me a tip, you won't go to heaven, ma'am." One child told (Y/N). Jotaro and (Y/N) shared a look of annoyance as they dodged the people around them. Jotaro wrapped his arm around her so they didn't get separated. 

"Hey! Don't rub your nose over all my stuff!" Polnareff yelled, holding his bag away from a kid. "Avdol! So this is India?" Joesph asked, trying to keep people away from him. "See? Great country, isn't it?" Avdol chuckled, "They're what make India great, don't you think?" All the crusaders groaned. 

Eventually, they all made it through the crowd and got to a restaurant. "Here, try this." Avdol said, handing each of them a cup, "This is chai, I think you will enjoy it." He said. Joesph eagerly grabbed the cup and took a sip, "Ah, finally some peace and quiet." He sighed, enjoying his drink. "Be patient with India. Once you get used to it, you'll see how great of a country it really is." Avdol said. 

"You know, I kinda like this place. It's pretty cool." Jotaro said, taking a sip of the chai. "Yeah, the food is great." (Y/N) said, looking through the menu. "What?! Guys, you cant be serious!" Joesph exclaimed. The two teens groaned, preparing for more of Jiji's complaining until luckily Polnareff interrupted. 

"Talk about culture shock. Guess i'll like it when I get used to it I guess. Well, I suppose people adapt to their surroundings eventually." He shrugged, slinging his bag over his shoulder. "Where's the john?" Polnareff asked the waiter. "Right over there, sir." The man pointed to a hallway. 

"Wait, what do you want to eat? We're gonna order." (Y/N) asked before he could walk off. "Pick for me, it better be something amazing. Something gorgeous and sophisticated that suits a Frenchman like moi!" Polnareff said confidently, heading to the bathroom. Joesph sat there, dumbfounded by his arrogance. (Y/N) sighed, "Can't he just say what he wants?" She groaned. 

"That means it doesn't matter. Let's see, maybe we can find something good for him." Kakyoin said, (Y/N) handing him the menu. "Excuse me." Kakyoin called over the waiter and began ordering a ton of food. 

Suddenly they heard a shriek from the bathroom, the crusader's heads all turned toward it. "What was that?" Joesph asked. "Polnareff." Jotaro sighed. "Should we go check on him?" Avdol asked, worried about the noise. "Nah, he'll be fine." (Y/N) sighed, Polnareff's dramatic nature often caused them to worry about him but he was always good. 

After a little while, the waiter came over with their food. Polnareff was still in the bathroom. Just as Jotaro was about to take a bite of the nann bread, Polnareff bursted into the dining room. "Stand!" He yelled, breathing heavy, "Where is the user? Who is it?!" He yelled, "The man with two right hands..." He said before rushing out the building. 

The crusaders ran after Polnareff, "What's all this about?" Joesph asked as Polnareff's eyes scanned the street. "If that... If that was a stand, then that means... Then that means he's here!" Polnareff yelled, clenching his fist. "Jotaro, it's the stand user you guys told me about. The one who uses the mirrors! The bastard who killed my sister!" Polnareff yelled. 

(Y/N) remembered the man that Yellow Temperance's user told them about. "The scum who heartlessly trampled my sister's life, soul, and dignity. Finally... Finally we meet!" Polnareff yelled out into the street. 

"Are you sure it's him?" Joesph asked. "Mr. Joestar, I'll be traveling on my own from here on out." He said, glancing down at the ground, "With my sister's murderer finally within reach i'll be damned if i'm going to wait for him to come after me. It would put me at a disadvantage and thats just not my style. I'll find him first and kill him!" Polnareff said, determination shining in his eyes. "But we don't even know what he looks like or what his stand is." Kakyoin said, trying to reason with him. 

"He's got two right hands and thats enough for me. And he knows I'm after him, so he'll be on the defensive. See ya." Polnareff said, walking off into the street. "Tough talk from a man who's digging his own grave." Avdol said, glaring at the frenchman. "Avdol..." (Y/N) sighed, knowing what Avdol said would start an argument. 

"Are you trying to say that I can't win?" Polnareff asked, turning back. "Yes. Can't you see? The enemy attacked to isolate you! I won't let you go alone, Polnareff." Avdol pointed at him. "Listen. Let me make one thing clear." Polnareff said, smacking Avdol's hand down, "I never once gave a damn about Dio. I told you in Hong Kong i'd tag along so I could get my revenge. The others already know this. I've been alone from the start! I've always been fighting alone!" He yelled. 

"You selfish bastard. Did you forget that Dio brainwashed you? Did you forget that he's the root of all of this?" Avdol retorted. "You have no idea how it feels to have your sister murdered! I heard the last time you met Dio, you ran away like a dog with his tail between his legs! A coward like you would never understand why I need to do this!" Polnareff yelled back. 

"What did you say?" Avdol asked, narrowing his eyes at Polnareff and laying his hand on his shoulder. "Don't touch me. And enough with this lecturing!" Polnareff smacked away his hand, "Don't forget. I'm a hell of a lot more pissed off than you are right now! You can just keep being yourself with your holier than thou attitude, Avdol!" He yelled. "Why you-" Avdol was about to punch Polnareff but Joesph grabbed his hand. 

"That's enough, just let him go. No one can stop him now." Joesph said. "It's alright. I've just lost all the respect I had for him, thats all. My impression of him was completely wrong. And you know, I did run away. But rushing in without thinking would've gotten me killed. Don't be arrogant and make that mistake."  Avdol said, turning away from Polnareff. "Oh? Then I'll say this with certainty, too. Your little divination will be wrong." Polnareff said, poking Avdol's chest and walking away. The crusaders stood in silence as they watched him walk off. 

authors note: AGAIN IM SORRY FOR NOT POSTING omg every time i think im gonna get back to posting regularly i get busy 🙄 i'll try to post another time this week but i probably wont, I PROMISE I WILL NEXT WEEK ily thanks for reading 😻

Question of the Day: Who is your favorite minor antagonist in JJBA?