22: DNA and divorce

DEBBIE
Mandy and I had been hanging out since she and Mickey moved in. Every once in a while, I'd scroll through the photos that Mandy had sent of Yevgeny to Mickey.

"Is it just me, or does Yevgeny look nothing like Mickey?" I asked, Mandy stealing her phone, looking at the photo that I had just looked at.

"Well, that's a bold statement considering Svetlana insists that Mickey is his father." Mandy smirked.

"Wait, how does that work if Svetlana is a brunette and Mickey has black hair? I mean, DNA and genetics suggest that brunette parents can't have blonde children." I scoffed.

"Actually, two brunettes can have a blonde child, if either parent has a parent or grandparent that was blonde." Mandy corrected me.

"The only parent or grandparent known of Mickey or Svetlana that had blonde hair...holy shit. We need to get Mickey and Yevgeny DNA tested ASAP." My eyes widened.

"What? Why?" Mandy got up, following me.

"Because Mickey isn't Yevgeny's father, but I think I might know who is." I raced out the front door, confusing Mandy.

———

MICKEY
Sitting in The Alibi, I downed another beer, just taking a break. Fiona was at the house with Ian, cutting his hair.

"We heard about Ian. We're so sorry. Is he okay?" V stood behind the bar, worried.

"He has temporary memory loss. He's basically paralysed from the chest down, so he can't use his arms or legs. I moved in a day ago, so I could help out. He's also Bipolar." I sighed, watching as V handed me another beer.

For the next few minutes, I recounted Fiona telling me that Ian was diagnosed as Bipolar just before he left the hospital.

"What are you gonna do about Svetlana? I mean, aren't you technically still married?" Kev asked as he put a new delivery on the bench.

"I have no idea." I rolled my eyes as Svetlana exited the men's bathroom, Yevgeny in her arms.

"Oi, shithead. You need to watch your son." Svetlana yelled as she attempted to hand him to me.

"Got better shit to do." I rejected her, scoffing.

"Yeah, like what? Do ass fuck with orange boy?" Svetlana asked as I rolled my eyes, looking at her, her tits basically hanging out. She attempted to put her hand on my face, but I stopped her, my hand going around her wrist.

"Watch yourself." I stood up, glaring at her.

"You think you scare me? You are 130 pounds of Ukrainian pussy. What's your father gonna say when he gets out of jail and I tell him you spend every day with orange boy rubbing your dicks together? He's gonna cut yours off and shove it up boyfriend's anus, right where you like it." Svetlana really didn't know that my dad was dead, stupid bitch.

"He's dead, bitch. There's nothing you can do, or say, that will make me care for that kid, who I'm sure isn't even mine." I looked at her, finally having the courage to stand up for myself.

"Come home where you belong." Svetlana asked, now acting nice.

"Fuck off, bitch." I rolled my eyes, sitting back down. Svetlana stormed off, Yevgeny in her arms, staring at me as she exited the bar.

"I really need to divorce her. She's starting to become a pain in my ass." I sighed, downing another beer just as Fiona entered the bar.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Ian?" I asked as Fiona sat down, a piece of paper in her hands.

"Ian's in the living-room just laying on the couch. Carl is enjoying some lunch in the kitchen. But, I have some news." Fiona smiled as she showed me the paper.

"I've been doing some research into divorce, and since your dad is dead and he has no say in your life anymore, you should divorce the Russian chick." Fiona smiled.

"Holy shit, you read Mickey's mind." V smirked.

"If we leave now, we can go and find a divorce lawyer." Fiona insisted. I stood up and happily followed her out of The Alibi, leaving Kev and V.

———

IAN
"Hey, Ian. You need anything to eat?" The boy asked as I laid on the couch, looking down at my arms and legs, trying to move, but failing.

"Nah. I ate an hour ago." I smiled.

I watched as he walked into the kitchen, plugging some headphones into his phone.

The TV kept going, some random movie playing. I tried to focus on it, but I couldn't. All I could focus on was the family photos strewn all around the house. I would occasionally see photos of me, and I knew that I was somehow involved, but I was unsure how, and it was proving harder to remember.

Without warning, I heard the front door open and close. Obviously not able to move, I waited for the figure to come around so I could see them. Eventually, a tall man stood in front of me, his hands in his pockets.

"Ian, what the heck happened to you?" I looked up at the weird man, confused. I looked around at all the wires and tubes connected to my body.

"Who...are you?" I asked, looking around.

"Cut the crap, Ian. Just because you hate me, doesn't mean you can just pretend like you don't know who I am." The man bent down, his hand holding mine. I started to feel sick. He was giving me weird vibes and I wanted him gone.

As much as I wanted to wave at the boy, knowing that he had his headphones in, I couldn't, so I tried desperately to remember his name.

"Calvin! Cameron! Carlos! CARL!" I yelled 3 different names before finally getting the boy's name.

He looked up from his phone and entered the living-room.

"Get the fuck out, Ned. Ian doesn't want you here." Carl threatened.

"Ian can speak for himself, little Gallagher." The man, who I now knew was Ned, smirked.

"Not when he doesn't remember you." Carl hissed before Ned rolled his eyes and left the house, Carl giving me a smile before heading back to the kitchen.