//~Bye Bye~\\

TW:

"Goodbye Clay"

"Goodbye George"

The pair melted into eachothers arms in their final Goodbye.

The hug was too long and too tight to be anything short of romantic but the boys were far beyond caring, far beyond letting go.

"We'll keep in touch okay? Never a stranger?"

"Never a stranger. I'll miss you Dream"

"I'll miss you too Georgie"

Kristin placed a loving hand on George's shoulder, pulling him back slowly.

"They need to go dear"

Tears were shed as Kristin's Phil, George's Clay, Karl's Sapnap and Techno walked away.

This would be difficult.

▪︎

The plan was to travel in a horse carriage until they reached the edge of Everfailt, they would go from there on foot, the carriage returning to Fanderlings.

Three days later and now their carriage was at a full stop on a side road outside the gates of Everfailt. They had been stopped twice already by guards patrolling the roads but with quick thinking and extra blankets they had passed for covered boxes.

Now they had to continue on foot.

Dream reached for the carriage door but a weathered hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"Clayton, you go by Dream and only Dream until we reach the palace. You will wear this over your face and a hood over your head. When speaking to me, you say Blade. Use Sapnap and Philza when referring to them. Understood?"

Dream took the repaired mask from Technos scarred hand.

"Yes Blade."

"Good. Sapnap, you understand?"

"Yes sir"

"Good. We will walk the rest of the road to the gates, there will be guards who question us, we are simply travellers looking for a place to stay. Once we're in we go straight to the public holding cells. I have a friend, Sam. He's a guard at the palace, our way in. From there we find King Eret and take your throne back. Okay?"

Agreement shown by nods was echoed all around the carriage.

Dream secured his smile mask around his face, Techno donning one of a boar, Philza pulled his hat low on his head and Sapnap tightened his bandana. All of their hoods hung loosely over their heads, with straight faces they stepped from the carriage and started to make their way down the dirt road towards the gates.

The sunbeams stabbed through the dark fabrics concealing their identities but they continued through the sweat and dust, they watched as the sky fell from orange to blue, they watched as the sun grew to replace the moon, they watched as the dirt roads changed to cobbled and they watched as the empty roads grew full.