//~My Dearest Dream~\\

TW:

August 7th, 1767

My dearest Dream,
Hello, how are you and everyone else? I know it hasn't been that long since you guys left but I miss you so much.

We had the Liflic locals over for a ball, they all wish you good luck. Gabby tried to hit on Foolish but just embarrassed herself. I caught a cold so I couldn't visit but at least it's given me time to write to you.

Good luck overtaking Everfailt, if anyone could do it, it's you.

Here for you always,
King George Cadelle

Dream read over the letter once more before slipping it into a drawer on his nightstand and grabbing the envelope, it was addressed to the Princess as him and George had agreed, that way the letters would get through and Drista could pass them on to Dream.

While he was delighted about the piece of paper dressed in George's loopy letters, he couldn't ignore the prick of despair prodding the back of his eyes, begging salty sadness to fall.

The letter felt like it was addressed to an old friend, a colleague, a family member, anything but a lover. Realistically he knew that George was doing what was right, they had agreed to be nothing exclusive, to leave the other a free man.

But God this hurt more than expected.

He shook his head, sniffled his nose, and wiped his eyes before stepping out to the common room of sorts and tossing the empty casing into the fire.

"Letter from George?"

Dream jumped slightly as the voice cut through his tranquility, nevertheless, he turned and saw Sapnap leaned back in an armchair, coffee on table, and letter in hand.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you"

"No its fine. Yeah it's a letter from George-" Dream gestured to the crisp paper wrinkled slightly in the ravenets grip, "-letter from Karl?"

Sapnap nodded, a film only described as love fell over his face at the mere mention of his left behind lover.

"He mentioned that George was sick, do you know if he's feeling better?"

Dream ran a hand through his golden locks and blew out a quick breath,

"No, he just mentioned that he wasn't feeling good. Didn't say anything about feeling better"

The ravenet raised an eyebrow and cocked his head slightly,

"You okay brother?"

And that's all it took.

Dream squeezed his eyes shut tight, feeling the wet results of his sobs slide down his cheeks, his arms fell limp at his sides as he stood there like a bawling toddler.

Sapnap set his letter down swiflty and stood up, hurrying over to his bestfriend,

"Hey, what's wrong? Cmere"