//~Tears~\\

{What the actual fuck is going on here}

TW: Swearing
Mentions of Alcohol
Mentions of Abuse
Mentions of Drugs
Death

George walked, mask in hand. There were many places Dream could be, the archery tree, Adelaide's stall or maybe the ice pond. George trusted his intuition and walked quickly towards the ice pond. It was getting close to dusk so there wouldn't be any children about. 

As he approached, the outline of a hunched over person came into view.

George didn't speak, he just handed Dream his mask and seated himself beside the broken blond.

The duo sat in silence, unmoving for about an hour. When the silence became suffocating Dream turned to his new friend, that was the second where George could put a broken picture together after hearing the sniffles from the larger man.

Without hesitation George pulled the blond closer and began to hum the same tune Clay had hummed to him while applying the herb paste the night they met. Dream softened with the familiar song and allowed George to run his soft hands through his hair.

"I need to speak to them" 
"Only if you're ready Dream"

The duo rose and walked in the direction of the mock warmth. 

They sat seated at the table, apart from Phil who stood in front of the broken chair. The tension was unbearable and only got impossibly worse after the one word that slipped off of dreams ice laced tongue.

"Explain."
"Look Clayton I under-"
"I don't wanna hear this stupid unnecessary shit. Cut to it"
"Okay okay."

Techno took a deep breath and continued.

"Years ago, 19 to be exact. I was a guard at a kingdom, the kingdom of Everfailt. Clay you were the prince there. But the palace was corrupt. The system was failing and people were dying. Phil over here was a best friend of mine, still is obviously, I would write to him about the troubles at the palace. After a couple months we had devised a plan to get you out of there. It worked and we got you out but then we faced the consequences of you being well known and an assasin being out for my head. We masked you and gave you a nickname, we ran to a trusted village far from the palace and I went into hiding."

The group fell silent once more. George was in shock, one bloodied image sewn into his head, the image of a chest plate, covered in blood, one word protruding from the iron; Everfailt. It had been Dream's old palace that attacked his, causing him to run away from everything he had known. Dream was also in shock, the imaginary image of his happy family torn to shreds once again.

"Tell me about them"

One had to strain their ears to hear the whispered words.

"Tell you about who Clay?"
"My family Techno, my family"
"Okay. Well you have a sister called Sam, she was born a couple years after we brought you in. She would be about 15 now. Your mother died five years after your sister's birth, she was our information hub, she told us everything, and your father... well he's not a good man Clay. He's an abusive alcoholic and frequently uses drugs. Your mother however was a brilliant and wonderful lady, you have her eyes and freckles and she was my best friend. For years, the only welcoming face in the palace."
"Woah..."

A/N
Sorry for the obnoxiously short chapter. My motivation really decided to go bye bye. Anywho there's some more backstory. Stay hydrated my friends, you deserve it :]

Words: 606