⭢ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐄𝐃 | CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
( I CAN STAY )

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐄𝐃 | CHAPTER SEVENTEEN( I CAN STAY )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE MEETING between the Atlas, his brother and the rest of the Avengers lasted around an hour and a half. Which was an hour and a half too long if you asked him, considering he never wanted the others to become this involved anyway.

He understood to a certain extent why Thor thought it would be a good idea to tell the others, to not keep it between the two of them. However it didn't mean he agreed with the decision.

Sure, he had been working with them for the past few months and now he seemed to have formed some good friendships... for the most part.

But honestly... the moment Atlas would get a clear shot at taking the Tesseract, he planned on leaving them behind and finishing the mission himself. Though he wouldn't tell anyone that, of course.

He just didn't see the point of them getting involved to this level. Besides, they had already fucked up so bad with Loki in the past to the point where their whole city was trashed.

They may have stopped him, but at what cost? So many people lost their lives, their families, their homes.

It shouldn't have even happened in the first place.

Atlas didn't really see them as reliable. They were good in a fight, that was certain, but he'd studied their works and to be quite frank he thought they were pretty sloppy about it.

Thor pretty much kicked Atlas out of his chair once everyone had sat down. He figured that Atlas should be the one to tell them since he experienced it first hand and not him.

Atlas reluctantly told everyone his run-in with Loki the night of the party, how he'd been there the whole night, that he was disguised as a guest. He also informed them of their fight, pointing out the wound of his hand.

Everyone was stunned, to say the least.

Tony was speechless for the first time since Atlas arrived. Steve, Clint and Natasha all exchanged shocked looks. Kate was suddenly awake for the first time today. And Peter... well, his face turned as white as a ghost.

Poor child.

Wanda's face softened at the information, connecting the dots of what Atlas was saying with the way he acted once he'd returned to his room last night.

Now it all made sense to her. The injured hand, his anger, him pushing her away.

She was still annoyed at him for the way he spoke to her but, perhaps now just partially annoyed. If that was even a thing.

But could she really blame him? I mean, she didn't know all the gory details but she was well aware of Atlas and Loki's troubled past.

Even before Atlas arrived on Earth, she'd hear stories from Thor about his brothers and how sour their relationship turned the day their mother died. How that was the day their feud began.