⭢ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐄𝐃 | CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
( PEPPER SPRAY )

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐄𝐃 | CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO( PEPPER SPRAY )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ATLAS AND RUMLOW continued to circle one another on the main floor. Atlas' gaze was firmly locked onto the man, watching him intently for any potential movements.

Rumlow rolled his neck, a faint grin playing on his lips momentarily before he decided to strike. He charged towards Atlas and swung in an attempt to punch him.

Atlas was quick to react and dodged the attack, swiftly ducking under his arm and moving behind him. He placed a firm hand on his shoulder to keep him still and used his free hand to conjure up one of his daggers, stabbing Rumlow in his lower back.

Rumlow hissed and gritted his teeth together at the pain, his hands scrambling down to try and remove the weapon from his body.

Before Rumlow could reach it, Atlas removed it himself, not wanting to man to touch it. He wanted to hurt Rumlow, that was for sure, but he couldn't kill him. And if he touched the dagger then dying would most likely be his fate.

Rumlow couldn't die, not yet. Not before Atlas had the information he needed.

Atlas grabbed the collar of Rumlow's shirt and threw him to the ground, watching as the man hit the steps with a groan.

"You're quick, I'll give you that." Atlas chuckled dryly. "But not quick enough."

Rumlow scoffed at his words, his face scrunching when he looked down at Atlas' dagger. "A collector, huh? Bullshit."

"I don't ever recall saying I was." Atlas faux frowned. "Were you not paying attention during our conversation? Wow, that kinda stings."

"So, what are you really?" Rumlow narrowed his eyes. "One of them? An Avenger?"

"Disgusting. No." Atlas shook his head.

"Then why are you working for them?"

"You think I'm—" Atlas cut himself off with a laugh. "You think I'm working for them?"

Rumlow grimaced as he attempted to get to his feet, tugging on his fresh wound. "It seems that way."

"It's kinda complicated." Atlas sighed. "But, I'm sure I'll have time to tell you all about it. Y'know cause I'm bringing you with us, and all."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." Rumlow stumbled, grabbing hold of the railings next to the steps to keep himself upright.

Atlas' grinned as he began to walk over to him. He allowed Rumlow to continue walking up the steps... very slowly might I add.

The sight of him struggling was quite amusing to Atlas in all honesty.

"Oh you're still going—" Atlas' face scrunched when another groan slipped past Rumlow's lips. "God this is getting embarrassing. Am I gonna have to carry you to the car?"