⭢ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐄𝐃 | CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
( NO GOING BACK )

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐄𝐃 | CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR( NO GOING BACK )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ATLAS STARED at the ceiling of Kate's room while he lay on her bed, listening to Kate rambling about the meeting earlier. He didn't have to look at her to know that she was pacing around, the sound of her footsteps and rushed sentences were enough to confirm.

"He's just— God he's so scary. With his eyepatch and crap." Kate huffed. "It just came out, I didn't mean to ruin your plan."

"Kate." Atlas chuckled. "For the millionth time. I'm not mad at you."

"I know, I'm just.." Kate shrugged. "Making sure you know that I didn't mean to—."

"I know you didn't mean to." Atlas sat up so he could look at her. "Now are you going to chill out?"

Kate took a deep breath and nodded, making her way over to the bed and sitting down next to Atlas. "Yeah, I can do that. I can chill out now. That I can do."

Atlas raised a brow as he looked at the brunette. He noticed how her lips parted slightly, before instantly moving back together, and couldn't help but laugh at the look on her face. She was practically dying to say something else.

"Oh my god." Atlas sighed dramatically. "Out with it."

"Next time when you have a plan of lying maybe tell me so then what happened earlier won't happen again. Also because you're supposed to keep friends in the loop and you're my best friend so that applies to us." Kate rushed out all at once.

Atlas waited for a moment before speaking. "You done?"

Kate nodded with a smile. "All done."

"So," Atlas began in an amused tone. "I'm you're best friend, huh?"

"Ugh I know." Kate replied in faux disgust. "How unlucky am I, right?"

Atlas' face scrunched. "I think you mean lucky."

Kate paused for a moment, pretending to think. "No. I don't think I do."

"You're a pain in my ass, Bishop." Atlas chuckled.

"As are you." Kate grinned. "But I guess that's what makes us such a good duo, huh?"

"I don't think that's how it works—"

Kate was quick to cut him off. "Shut up. Let me have this."

"Fine, fine." Atlas raised his hands in surrender. "We're pretty great."

"I know." Kate nodded proudly. "And by the way, you don't have to say anything. Y'know about the whole best friend thing. I already know that I'm your best friend."