⭢ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐄𝐃 | CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
( SKETCHY )

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐄𝐃 | CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE( SKETCHY )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

IT WAS THE DAY AFTER the whole auction fiasco, meaning that now the mission was over, the team had the absolute joy of taking part in a meeting to talk about, said auction fiasco.

In his time with the Avengers so far, Atlas had managed to get used to the way the SHIELD worked. You'd get a mission, you'd go do the mission, and then you'd report back. It was pretty simple, so it wasn't hard for him to understand.

However... what he didn't understand, was why the meetings were so damn long. I mean shit, he had better things to do than sit on the worlds most uncomfortable chair and practically talk about every fucking thought that popped into his brain during the mission— Anyway... we're getting a little off track.

To sum it up, Atlas was bored. Like, really fucking bored.

Today's attendees consisted of Atlas (much to his dismay), Sam, Kate, Natasha and Clint. Some guy with an eyepatch had appeared too, which was pretty confusing to Atlas. He didn't know the Avengers had a pirate.

Kate was quick to clear it up for him, telling Atlas that the man was in fact not a pirate, and was actually Nick Fury. She let him know that he was the director of SHIELD and the person who had gave them the mission at the auction in the first place, which is why he was here.

"So, you're telling me that Lucky doesn't have another pirate friend?" Atlas questioned in a whisper, not wanting to disturb whatever Natasha was explaining.

Kate's jaw dropped slightly and she looked away from Atlas. "For the last time, my dog is not a pirate."

Atlas chuckled, rubbing his lips together to cover up the smirk that started to appear when he felt Kate kick him under the table.

So, pretty much everyone who had either been sent out on the mission, or had orginized it, was there. Everyone but Wanda. After everything that happened with the pepper spray to the eyes, not to mention her other injuries, it was decided that she would just rest.

Atlas hadn't seen her since last night, considering once they arrived back at the compound Natasha and Kate whisked her straight out of the car and to the medbay to just give her another check over.

Atlas sat at the table in the conference room, his chin resting on his hand in an attempt to provide him some comfort since it felt like he had been sitting there for decades.

The sound of someone clearing their throat, it clearly being an attempt to grab someone's attention, caught Atlas' ear. He looked around and quickly took note of everyone staring at him expectantly.

"What?" Atlas' brows scrunched at the sight. "Why's everyone staring at me?"

Nat locked eyes with Atlas and nodded her head towards Nick Fury, who was already staring at him with an annoyed expression.