Chapter 2

#TMLSubstitute02

HIS HAND FELT so cold and hot against mine as we walk towards the altar. I tried my best not to look at everyone inside the church. I feel like I will mess up badly if I meet one of their eyes.

Hindi rin naman lahat ng tao na nandito sa kasal namin ay kakilala ko. Most of them are people who supports the royal family and the others are my father's business partners. Sila Mommy at Daddy, Kuya Vander, Xander, at Lander lang ang kakilala ko rito.

Having them is enough. Panatag na ako doon at hindi na ako matatakot pa.

The royal family is particularly intimidating. Though, they look like normal people, if you think about how much power they hold gives you fear and intimidation already.

Pagdating namin sa harap ng altar ay pareho kaming walang kibo ni Legend.

Wala nang iba pang mga seremonya. The wedding ceremony was based on the tradition of Wraigrecan Empire.

We didn't even say any vows to each other. A simple exchange of "I do's" were given.

Hindi nga kami nag-kiss.

Now, the most important part of this ceremony is about to begin. I am going to be crowned as the new princess of Wraigrecan Empire.

Legend silently stood by my side as the Emperor and Empress of the Wraigrecan Empire. When they took their positions, the priest who did the ceremony took his place, too.

Both of us kneeled in their presence. Everybody went silent in anticipation of one of the greatest moments in history. The time when a commoner became a part of the royal family.

"In front of you, a new member of the royal family of Wraigrecan is about to be proclaimed. Eloise Amabella Sy, stand up in front of the Emperor and Empress of Wraigrecan Empire."

I heaved a sigh. I took a quick glance at Legend before doing what I was told to do.

May libro na lumitaw at nilahad 'yon ng pari sa harap ko. I placed my hand on top of that book. Nakalagay 'yon sa mga dapat kong gawin sa coronation.

"Will you solemnly promise and swear to do your duty as a princess to the Peoples of the Wraigrecan Empire, the towns in Wraigrecan, of your Possessions, and the other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?" the priest said.

"I solemnly promise to do so," I answered.

"Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgments? Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel?" he asked again.

"I will."

The emperor took a step forward as I kneel. He placed his sword on top of one of my shoulder blades as he announced.

"And by the power vested in me, I hereby proclaim, Eloise Amabella Sy—Beauregarde, as the newly crowned princess of Wraigrecan Empire. And the next empress that will lead us to prosperity!" he announced with full authority.

Legend slowly went up to me, helping me stand up, and together, we faced the people who witnessed my union and coronation.

Then, a voice shouted behind us. "All hail, Her Highness, Princess of Wraigrecan Empire, Eloise Amabella Sy—Beauregarde!"

"Hail, Her Highness, Eloise Amabella Sy—Beauregarde, Princess of Wraigrecan Empire!"

Habang sumisigaw sila, may mga tila'y katulong na lumapit sa akin. Dala-dala ang korona ko.