Chapter Six (GLORIOUS PURPOSE)

Time Variance Authority

Racing at quick pace down the hallways of the TVA, Sarah Kane only at one thing on her mind. Getting to Loki. More importantly, getting to him before B-15 and the Minutemen did. Because there would be pruning or resetting Loki. Loki wasn't going to end up like all of the other Variants who never got their second chance. Because she knew no one else (aside from Mobius), would give him that chance. She had to be the one to make the change! After taking the other elevator, she had ended up back on the Office Floor. 'He has to be here, looking for the Tesseract.' Sarah thought to herself. Because Casey had taken it for evidence when Loki was first brought in. There was no doubt in her mind that Loki wanted it back. But Sarah had be careful! She couldn't risk one of the Minutemen seeing her aid Loki.

As she walked the hallways, she stopped in her tracks. Her gaze fixated on a familiar face.

Casey.

Casey was humming lightly to himself, as he pushed a cart full of various items. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts. Completely unaware.

'Casey would know where the Tesseract is, right?' She thought. Letting a shaky breath, she decided to walk over to him.  Casey was more likely to tell her than anyone. That and he always seemed to like her much more than the others.

"Hey Casey." She greeted.

Casey was snapped out of his thoughts and looked over to see Sarah. He gave her a grin. "Oh hello there Sarah. Nice to see you."

Sarah gave him her best smile. "Hey Casey uh... I was just wondering something, and I was hoping you'd might be able to help me out?" Casey smiled and nodded, and then let Sarah continue. "Okay. Well... If you aren't aware, Agent Mobius and I are working Lokis case. As you know, when Loki was apprehended he had the Tesseract with him."

"You mean the weird glowing cube?" Casey quizzed. "That thing... What about it?"

"Yes! That!" Sarah nodded. "Well... I was perhaps wondering if you could tell me where it's being kept."

Casey narrowed his eyes. "Why?"

Sarah pressed her lips together. She knew she had to be as convincing as possible. "Well, I think it's important to be weary of where it is. It's a very very powerful artifact. We must make sure it's kept safe and out of reach of any threats."

"Oh I wouldn't worry about that." Casey laughed. "Even if someone found it, it's practically useless. Remember, magic doesn't work here. Neither does the Infinity Stones." Sarah swallowed. But that doesn't mean they were completely safe. Because if Loki got his hands on the Tesseract and escaped the TVA, then there would be a big problem on their hands.

"Yes. But while that may be true, regardless we shouldn't give anyone a chance at wielding its power." She argued.

"It'll be fine." Casey shrugged.

Damn it. He was really trying her here. Sarah kept her posture. "It'll be fine?" Sarah quizzed.

"Well yeah." Casey told her. "I mean, it's not like we keep it in a vault. In fact, it's sitting in my desk. Even if anyone tried to find it, they wouldn't be dumb enough to look inside a desk."

Ah ha. That was it.

"So it's in your desk?" Sarah raised an eyebrow. That's where he was keeping it? She stared.

Casey smiled and nodded. "Yep! Don't worry, it'll be safe with me." He assured.

Sarah let out a sigh. Good, at least she knows where it is. She then gave Casey a smile, not to assure he wouldn't raise a suspicion.
"Well... Then I suppose we owe you big time, Casey. For keeping it safe for us." She thanked. "I appreciate you letting me know. I won't bother you much longer, I know you're busy."