Chapter Eleven (THE VARIANT)

Time Variance Authority

Countless thoughts ran through Sarah Kane's head as she reluctantly followed Loki Laufeyson through the never ending hallways of the TVA. Loki and Sarah had made a discovery about the Loki Variant. That in order to keep themselves hidden from the timeline, they were hiding in Apocalypses. Which, was incredibly impressive on their part. Now, her and Loki were on their way to find Agent Mobius. To perhaps convince him to test this theory of theirs.

Sarah knew Mobius well.

So, she knew that he wouldn't exactly be on board on with this. But it was worth a shot, right?

Sarah seemed to believe Loki's theory. After all, he was incredibly smart. Smarter than anyone could ever give him credit for.

Besides, it was a lead wasn't it? And that's what Agent Mobius craved for. A lead on this case which he seemed to be pursuing for a very long time. So, she knew what it meant for him to get anything that could aid them.

Loki and Sarah entered the cafeteria.

There, they found Agent Mobius. Posted at one of the tables watching his lunch. "We found something." Loki announced, as he entered the room.

Agent Mobius looked to the God and the girl. "No, I said don't bother me until you've read all the files."

"I have." Loki told him.

"Every file?" Mobius quizzed.

"Yes."

"Pertaining to the Variant?" Mobius glared at him. He seemed unsure if Loki was even being honest with him.

Loki shakes his head. "The answer isn't in the files, it's on the timeline." He told him. Loki Laufeyson took a seat in the chair directly across from Agent Mobius. Sarah placed herself in the seat placed in between the gentlemen.

Sarah huffed. "Mobius, just hear him out." She pleaded.

Agent Mobius sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"He's hiding in Apocalypses." Loki said, looking directly at the Analyst.

Agent Mobius looked to him, before shaking his head. "Which Apocalypse? Any time in history? There's like a million of them."

Loki nods. "Ragnarok. Are you familiar?"

Agent Mobius gave him a sad look, nodding his head to the God of Mischief. "Yes. The Destruction of Asgard and most of its people. I'm sorry."

"Yes, very sad." Loki said. But it seemed as if he really didn't mean it. "Anyway, it got me thinking Nexus events happen when someone does something they're not supposed to do, right?"

"Well, it's a little more complicated, but, yeah." Mobius said.

"Great. And then that thing they're not supposed to do, cascades into a whole range of other things that aren't supposed to happen. And so on and so forth, until eventually, a new timeline branches. Yes?"

"Chaotic alterations of a predetermined outcome." Mobius nods.

"Exactly. So, let's just say..." Loki began. He looked around for something.

Mobius could only watch him, but then began to become very confused. "Mmm-hmm. What are you doing?"

Loki grabbed Agent Mobius's salad out from right in front of him. Placing it on his side of table. "Your salad is Asgard in this scenario."

Mobius looked to him, in both disgust and annoyance. "It's not Asgard, that's my lunch."

Loki sighed. "It's a metaphor. Just hang in there."