Top of the Pops

---Ginger Spice

"Hi, I'm Dana Ward, and you're watching Clevver TV. Everybody knows that London's pop industry is booming right now-but who's really at the top?" Dana asked in her mysterious voice that always captivated her audiences.

"We took the streets, radio stations, polls, everywhere-we even did a little bit of science-to figure out which pop musician or group is the number one in London!"

Her cheery voice and lip gloss drenched lips that were curved into a smile added to the excited anticipation of the viewers.

"Are you ready for the top singer/group of London?"

Her voice was heavy with each word. The sound crew added in a drumroll noise to the video.

Dana smiled and shouted, "The Spice Girls!"

We screamed, shrieked, and yelped in excitement as we clinged onto each other in some weird type of friendship embrace and jumped up and down.

Melanie C stopped the YouTube video, not seeing a reason why we should watch the rest.

After all, all Dana was going to say next was information about our group that we already knew: our names, ages, albums, the usual.

Annie and Simon, our managers were standing behind us and watching quietly, but now they're high fiving us, patting us on the back, and handing us refreshments with wide eyed smiles.

"Congratulations, girls," Simon's deep voice cheered. "Listen," he said as we all sat down on the chairs in the lounge.

Me and the girls sat on a long, plush red leather couch while Annie and Simon sat on two identical individual chairs.

"I got a call from Top of the Pop Magazine, and they are traveling here to take pictures, interview you, and get to know you. So they're hosting a party here. Some of Britain's finest will be there, and you will meet all kinds of people who can make or break your career." He waved his cup around gesturingly to add emphasis.

"Alright!" Melanie B cheered.

"Cool!" Victoria smiled.

"Oh my gosh! Really?" Emma chirped.

"Whoo!" Me and Melanie C high five each other.

"So it's important that you girls are on your best behavior and look your best," Annie added.

"And please practice your interview notes," Simon moaned.

"Woohoo!" Melanie B cheered, jumping up in excitement.

"We're on the road to success!" Emma cried.

A/N
If you don't understand the names, look it up. They're all married now, though, so their last names aren't going to be the same in this fan fic because I'm using their maiden names.

Everything is supposed to be confusing with the time period right now so don't worry if you're wondering why the Spice Girls are teenagers in the same era as Selena Gomez and Clevver TV and chiz.

HERES AN IMPORTANT NOTE: There are two "Melanie"s in the Spice Girls. Mel C (the white one) and Mel B (the darker one).

I always remember them by Mel C (C for Caucasian) and Mel B (B for brown skin) ;)

So basically, when one of them is talking, they may say Melanie said this or did that, and that means they're talking about the other one, they will usually never talk about themselves in third person without you knowing beforehand.

Mel B is Scary Spice
Mel C is Sporty Spice btw

So yeah, basically use your common sense to figure out which one they're talking about.

But yeah...that's about it.

Bye my lovelies, go conquer the world! ;D