Geri's Perspective

--Scary Spice
"Hey," I closed the door, "I'm baack!"

I walked through our empty hotel suite until I saw Victoria sitting on her bed expressionless.

"Where is everyone? What's up?"

"They left me. Everyone did," she replied smugly, still looking at the wall.

"What did you do?"

"See, you already suspect I'm the one who's done something wrong, which means you're naturally against me," she said flatly.

There's only a couple of times you can mess up the way Vicky does before the next one becomes a warning.

I sat down next to her on the bed that has held a million guests and it sagged under my weight, creaking.

"I made a mistake," she turned her head towards me, "Why am I like this?" She looked into my eyes searching for anything that made her so different compared to me. What makes her normal and me strange? I could tell her eyes were saying.

I couldn't answer that. Only God was made to do that. So I did what I was made to do, and I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around her, hugging her side.

--Baby Spice
"Helllllloo?" I chirped.

"Hi, this is Geri," the other side of my telly answered. Harry was by my side, getting a head start by running a shopping cart through the aisles.

The store was noisy with the tacky "shopping music" playing in the background and the sound of crickety mistreated carts busting around.

"Hi Ger! I'm with Harry! We're at the grocery store!" I yelled as Harry lifted me up and placed me on the front ledge of the shopping cart and I whisked past the canned food aisle.

"Listen, Emma." Geri's voice was serious. I frowned as we passed by the toy aisle. "Victoria got in a fight with me and she was being entirely rude. Don't talk to her tonight."

"Wait," I paused, and Harry lifted me off the cart, jogging a few steps ahead of me to stop the cart from crashing. "Why?" I stood in the middle of the empty aisle.

"Don't talk to her. Don't meet up with her tonight. Don't even sleep at the hotel with her tonight if you can."

I was silent on the other end, giving her my full attention.

"She...dissed me, she was completely rude to me—"

--Ginger Spice
"—not only to me but she was also rude to Liam. She didn't just diss our relationship and his authenticity but the way I live MY LIFE!!" I had been speaking in an angry voice but at "my life" my shout had rose two pitches as I squeaked my way to tears.

My ginger-haired face of course erupted into a boiling red shade as I timidly looked at Liam and hot tears rushed down my cheeks.

--Baby Spice
It sounded like Geri could be crying on the other line by the way her voice rose up a pitch.

Geri? Are you okay? I thought to myself, and was about to say to her, but then she quickly spoke up again, probably so she didn't frighten me, I knew her well enough.

"Just...Don't talk to her," her now distorted voice said, shakily yet heavily sighing at the end of the sentence. "Bye..."

"Bye...?" I didn't know how to respond to her unstable goodbye.

She hung up.

"What was that about?" Harry asked, and suddenly I remembered that my happiness existed. His thick brown coiled curls, his head cocked to one side. So innocent...