The Art Exhibit

--Ginger Spice
"Ready?" I asked Vicky, pulling on my dress that has an abstract art pattern.

"Yeah," she called from the bathroom. I slipped on my black sandals and followed her in her white fluffy collared jacket out the door.

"Hey, Liam," I said, getting out of the the taxi and grasping him into a hug, smiling.

"Hey babe," he said as he hugged me before I noticed him looking at Victoria behind me as we pulled away.

"Oh. This is is Victoria," I gestured to her.

"Delighted to meet you," she said cordially.

"Likewise," Liam smiled, his deep voice rumbling. I loved that about him.

"Let's go." I held Liam's hand as we walked into the building.

----------------------------------------------

"Wow, this is so cool," I said, placing my hand on Liam's chest as we admired a painting.

"Yeah."

"Wow," I would say.

"What a creative use of that color," Liam says.

Finally, when Liam and I were looking at a vase and holding each other in our arms, I looked to Victoria, and she was on her phone.

"Vicky? What are you doing?"

"I'm bored. Honestly I just feel like the third wheel in all of this."

"What? You asked to go here. You could have gone out with Zayn."

"I know—"

"What?" Liam interrupted. "You were supposed to be going on a date with Zayn?" His face scrunched up in confusion.

"You didn't want to go out with Zayn, and now you don't want to go to this art exhibit. You're never satisfied with your life, Victoria! Why can't you just be like everyone else and settle for the path ahead of you!" I raised my voice slightly from a whisper to a talking voice, which was a big deal in a "whisper-only" zone.

People started to turn around as they overheard our conversation.

"Hey, Geri, let's just go," Liam gently held my shoulders.

"You're right. I guess I strive for the best instead of settling for less, Geri," Victoria gestured to me as we walked out of the door.

We were outside now.

"Get out!" I cried, tears streaming down my face.

"Gladly."

She got into a cab.

"I'm sorry," my voice cracked as I pushed my forehead into Liam's chest.

"It's ok," he said, rubbing my back.

"She insulted our relationship and ruined our date," I apologized. "She never knows what she wants."

"C'mon, let's go to my place." He opened the passenger door to his car for me.

--Posh Spice
As soon as the cab pulled up to the hotel, I ran inside to text Zayn.

HEY, I'M SORRY I DIDNT MAKE IT TO DINNER. I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE.

No response in an hour. I called him.

"Hello?" his voice answered.

"Can you come over?"

"Are you gonna be there this time?" He said sourly.

"Yes."

"I'll be there in 15."

---------------------------------------------

"Hey," Zayn said as he showed up. His hands were in his pockets.

"Please come in." He sat down on my bed.

"Where were you?" He asked bluntly.

"What?"

"Where were you when I sat at that dinner table all alone? When I waited for an hour like a loser?"

"...I went to an art exhibit."

Zayn sighed and got up to leave.

"Wait!" I grabbed his arm. "I'm sorry."

"You know how many times I've tried to be with you?" He scoffed. "All the things I do for a girl who doesn't love me...," he said off into space. "Just tell me," he turned back to me, pausing, "why did you plan this date with me if you weren't going to show up?" His face contorted the way it does before you start to cry.

"I don't know how to prioritize," I wailed, tears streaming down my face. I couldn't let him go, not now.

"Oh," his eyes went dark. "I think you do. You think that our relationship is less important than other things. You've been prioritizing things over our relationship this whole time, and I can't live like this anymore." He stormed out of the door.

I lie face down on my bed again. Now I just lost my friend and my boyfriend.

Later that night as I was checking Twitter, Zayn posted something:

In life we always fall for the person that will never fall for us always want something that we can't and always say things we shouldn't
:s

A/N
So there goes that chapter. Another chapter, finished. Btw, Zayn's tweet in this story is quote for quote. I decided to incorporate his real quote into the story to make it seem realistic. Plus the quote makes sense in this part of the story so I'm excited!!