The Exception

--Posh Spice
"Liam, I need you to help me get back with Zayn." I helplessly stood in front of Liam by the half open door to the boys' apartment.

"I apologized to Geri," I added to pacify his indifferent expression.

"If you want to date Zayn, you have to really want to. You have to show me that you will never let go, because Zayn's my best bro. Zayn doesn't date just anyone, he's very picky about the girls he chooses."

"I know, and he chose me and I blew it," I sighed, putting my hand to my head, "But now I realize what I've lost. Zayn means the world to me..."

"Ok," he opened the door wider, "let's go," he waved me inside.

By the time it was finished, it was mid afternoon and Zayn was on his way back.

"I texted Zayn that you are here."

"Is he still coming even though I'm here."

"Yeah."

I gulped.

It's show time or no time.

Or should I say, it's show time in no time?

I mentally rolled my eyes. Emma was rubbing off on me.

I hate my nervous self, cause I'm always thinking of the cheesiest, worst puns right before a big event.

Well...here we go.

Liam took my hand and squeezed it with a smile before letting go and nodding in encouragement.

Niall sat down in between us with his guitar, striking a silly face before positioning himself.

The door clicked open and Zayn's beautiful enigma of a face appeared.

I realized how long it had been since I'd seen him again and how I forgot about some of the subtle features of his face that make him beautiful. I realized that I never wanted to forget him.

And that was how I gained my strength.

I was ready.

"Hey Zayn," I said as Niall began playfully strumming, "I know I've been a total bitch to you lately, but I hope I can make it up to you with this. I love you so much, and the fact that you can even fathom to love me relentlessly every single time I screw up is enough for me to know that you're the one," I smiled.

Niall quit tuning his guitar with a short song and began playing the fast acoustic song the three of us spent all day working on.

I could never amount to you
But it's worth a shot
Cause I've wronged the most beautiful person in the world
You forgave me too many times to count
And I kept making mistakes
I guess one too many took you away

You said "All the things I do for a girl who doesn't love me"
Courage and strength
Timing and pace
You promised we'd take it slow
We'd take what we need, our love never heeds
You promised you'd never let go

You said "we always fall for the person that will never fall for us"
"We always want something that we can't"
And "we always say things we shouldn't"
Well let me be the exception

I'll change our fate
I'll talk with the gods
I'll be the one to love you back
You're never alone
For you are my home
And I can never let go

You said "All the things I do for a girl who doesn't love me"
Courage and strength
Timing and pace
You promised we'd take it slow
We'd take what we need, our love never heeds
You promised you'd never let go

Let me be the thing you can want
Let me be the thing you talk about when you say the cause of your happiness
Let me fall for you

You said "All the things I do for a girl who doesn't love me"
Courage and strength
Timing and pace
You promised we'd take it slow
We'd take what we need, our love never heeds
You promised you'd never let go

So let's forget my "Same Mistakes" and "Let Love Lead the Way", cause it's worth a shot,
even if I have to pretend to amount to the most beautiful person in the world

He was quiet for a moment before he said, "Wow. Wow." And clapped profusely.

I smiled, giggling.

"So will you be with me?" I gleamed, walking towards him.

"Ahh, how can I stay away from you for so long?" He grabbed my arms gracefully so that I was closer to him and kissed me.

10 seconds had passed and Niall and Liam looked at each other as they both stood uncomfortably.

"Uh...," Niall said uneasily.

I pulled away from the kiss, "Oh, um, thanks boys...can you leave now, cause Zayn and me are busy?"

I didn't wait for them to respond before pulling back into the kiss that Zayn had slid his tongue into once again.