Part 73

Lord, did I really write a 17 page graphic birth scene for a Paul McCartney second person fic. Yeah. I guess somebody had to. Tried to make it realistic like with other stuff in the fic. I mean, it's not gore, but it's still birth. Tried my best here, man, given I've never done it. Have bio kids though. Don't judge me, I don't even have memory of writing any of this. 

Poor broad was pregnant for so long. Finally it is over! Grinded for this so comments and such are always appreciated <3 especially the long ones idk why people apologise every time they leave one lol. 

5 November 1981

2:00am Thursday

-----

You made sobbing sounds as you felt another one come on. It wasn't good. Not good.

You were sat with Paul on the sofa as he kept track of the contractions with a notepad.

He was doing his best to offer comfort, and you appreciated his efforts, but you didn't want to be coddled. You didn't want to curl to him, or be hugged. You couldn't think of it. It didn't help the pain. You just squeezed his hand.

"They're four minutes apart." He said. "Lasting a minute. I think we need to go."

He stood up in front of you, offering his hands.

"C'mon."

You stared at him, the contraction just now leaving you. Four minutes wasn't a long time to recover. You'd feel the pain again.

You felt dazed and nauseous. Nothing about this was nice. You knew it was coming, and wasn't under a delusion it'd be magical and painless. But it still wasn't pleasant.

It was 2am now, and you were quite tired to begin with. Maybe when you were younger and free this wouldn't be out of the question to stay up, but not as of late.

You weren't crying, but your eyes would water when the sensation came on. There were streaks down your cheeks. You looked at him blurrily, stretching out your arms.

He did more of the work pulling you up. You didn't feel a lot of strength.

When you were pulled up against him, you opened your eyes.

"I could really go for a whiskey and coke." You said, teeth gritted. "That'd help."

Paul blinked.

"Eh?"

He was distracted, moving you toward the door. You were able to walk on your own likely, though your legs were shaky. You'd since changed into a loose fitting dress and tights, not wanting to brave the autumn cold in a nightgown.

"Or some weed." You said, gazing downward. You hadn't even thought much of it since you were a teenager.

He snickered at that.

"Later." He said.

You were staring at the hospital bag, already packed and set by the door. Hopefully it was all in there. You'd only checked multiple times a day for weeks now.

You felt him wrap one of his coats around you. You looked up at his face, dazed.

"Okay, let's go." he said, warmly. "Unless there's anything you need."

He was wrapping a scarf around his neck.

"If there's a dire need for anything during our hospital stay, I could always come back." He said.