Part 28

I made a floorplan. I love making floorplans... I had to communicate the EXACT layout I had in my head, or else. I guess. Enjoy :)

(Ah yikes the wattpad quality fucks it

(Ah yikes the wattpad quality fucks it... here's a link also!)

https://64.media.tumblr.com/9e00f61f5a7f4f3572642a3fb565713b/2df37d76f26da194-bf/s2048x3072/afbd272dd30b0db52ac2d2b259e17fbbf5aee727.png

19 April 1981

3:00pm Sunday

-----

As you both agreed you'd be keeping your flat, you didn't need to worry about any furniture.

You packed everything else, your possessions. Your clothing, toiletries, books and such. It seemed you'd be there for a good while, as of now, if things went along according to plan.

It seemed that Paul had the room for you. You didn't know how long you'd be staying... but as things went, you tried not to think of things beyond the present moment.

That fact was made very clear to you quite recently, the future you most expect is not always guaranteed, nor the path you'd take. Furthermore, thinking of things so far in the distance only gave you unnecessary stress. It was what it was.

Paul had his bedroom, but also a guest one across the hall. It was rather simple, as most guest rooms were, but a good enough place to stay.

You couldn't say the nerves were gone. There would be a definite shift between working together entire days, to cohabiting. After all, when you worked together, you'd get to go home to your respective flats, and have the nights to yourself.

But different rooms at least. You'd be housemates. Fair enough of a deal.

You weren't the biggest fan of roommates, you did prefer your privacy, but it didn't seem Paul would be so difficult of one. Additionally, you both had a priority in common. In a way, it was good to have that. Somebody to be invested in the child's well being besides yourself.

It'd be just like staying in Paul's cottage. You'd been fine alone for the three days up there, hadn't you?

Ah... but no sex this time around... hm...

On Sunday, as planned, you came over with your things.

You couldn't help but feel like you were imposing, even though he not only invited, but argued for you to move. Before, you'd never brought much more than a daytime purse to his place. This sort of solidified things.

You'd not so much as moved in with a partner before. It had never gotten so far.

The longest one had lasted... about six months? And only that long due to it being your first (that went beyond simple flirting and kisses). The shortest... about a month or two. Always within that range, and never with the intention to last much longer.