Chapter 10

It had been decided that our best option at containing the virus was to round up everyone that had made contact with Murphy and quarantine them. We all knew that was only part of the problem as we also had to deal with those that had them come into contact with them, but as Clarke put it, we had to start somewhere.

Finn and I made our way through camp, searching for anyone who had made contact with Murphy. We made sure not to touch anyone again and convey a clear message that this virus spreads through contact. Within an hour we had most of the camp rounded up into the drop ship. Clarke examined everyone, organizing them to the levels of the ship based on the severity of their symptoms.

As we made our way back to the drop ship with the last group of infected, I paused. Out of the corner of my eye I see Octavia making her way towards the outer gates. It turned out, Octavia had been the first person to touch first ill boy-if I remember correctly, his name was Murphy-, but by the sound of it she wasnt showing any symptoms, but that still did not mean she should be leaving camp.

Despite my opinion towards her actions, I decide to mind my own business, I dont know her anyway. But as I turn around, Finn is nowhere to be seen.

Just as I was nearing the drop ship, another body was carried out. I felt my heart drop slightly as I laid eyes on the girl. Everyone else was milling around, staring at the newest victim of the virus.

"Okay," Bellamy called, breaking the silence, "Shows over, get back to your posts!"

The rest of the group listened, everyone instantly making their way to their designated posts. Bellamy made his way over to Clarke and I took this opportunity to go see Finn, who was among those gathered in the drop ship.

"Hey Ivy." He gave me a small smile as I approached him. It was evident that Clarke being sick was taking a toll on him. Lately Ive noticed that Raven seems to be sad and upset all the time, and I wonder if it is because Finn spending so much time with Clarke, I hope he isnt cheating on Raven, because shes been through enough shit in her life.

"How are you holding up?" I asked, placing my hand on his head to feel for a fever. I was worried he was going to be among the next who fell ill due to the fact that he made contact with Clarke, Raven would be worried sick about him, and she wouldnt keep her distance from him if he was sick.

He moved away from my hand, "You shouldnt be touching me. If Im sick then it means youll get it too, and it wont be safe for the baby"

I dropped my hand, realizing that he was right, I was about Raven touching someone who may be infected and here I was touching someone who may be infected. I gave him a small smile, Youre not going to get sick, neither am I, well be fine, Raven needs you so you need to stay healthy.

He shrugged, "You dont know that."

I let out a sigh, "Its called optimism, Finn."

Before he could shoot back some smart remark I ended our conversation as the words of Clarke and Bellamy filled my ears. Clarke had just informed Bellamy that Octavia had went to see Lincoln(- the grounder who Bellamy tortured, I dont know how they know his name but I think Itll be better for me if I dont know-) and he was not happy.

"If anything happens to her, you and me are going to have problems". he warned as he turned away from Clarke, making his way to the gate.

"Bellamy!" Clarkes weak voice called out.

"Bellamy." I echoed, jogging over to where he was headed, cutting him off before he got too far.

My ex glared at me, "You knew too, didnt you?" He accused as he continued glaring at me

I bit my cheek and I decide to be honest, and tell him that I saw her leave, but that I didnt want to stick my nose in her business. "I saw her leaving but-"

"Whatever Ivy." Bellamy sighed, pushing past me and approaching the boy at the gate. Out of my way. He ordered to the boy who had his back to us.

When the boy turned around collective gasps were heard. His eyes were bloodshot, blood dripping from them. He was sick.

One of the boys nearest to him pointed out in awe, "shit dude, your eyes!"

Another boy raised his gun, "Nobody touch him!"

Bellamy began backing up, his body soon coming into contact with mine. He put his arm out in front of me as he continued to push the two of us further away from the boy. "Get to the drop ship, now!" he yelled at the sick boy.

As the boy began making his way towards the drop ship another scene erupted as a girl collapsed, but not before sending a shower of blood onto another boys face. He began panicking, blindly stumbling through camp.

This sent everyone into chaos. Guns were being pointed at people left, right and centre, not to mention that people were screaming while trying to get away from anyone that might be infected.

Bellamy pulled me along with him as he tried to calm people down. Finn finally jumped in to diffuse the situation, yelling at people to lower their guns.

"Hey." I snapped at a girl who had her gun pointed in my direction, unknowingly I protectively wrapped my arm around my pregnant bump. "Put the gun down!" Thankfully she did as I said, but there were still dozens of guns being pointed around camp.

A number of shots sounded off. I ducked down, with one arm covering my head and the other covering my pregnant bump, afraid that someone had decided to just start shooting at random.

Luckily it was Clarke who had shot off the rounds. She was standing at the entrance of the drop ship, a gun pointed to the sky. She took a few steps without lowering the gun, "This is exactly what the Grounders want. Dont you see that? They dont have to kill us if we kill each other," Clarke was making her way further and further into the group, her voice becoming weaker with each word.

The same kid who had raised his gun initially did so again, this time pointing it at Clarke. They wont have to kill us if the virus kills us first. GET BACK! he screamed.

Bellamy rushed forward, taking a hold of the gun and sending the butt of it into the kids face. While the kid stumbled back in shock, Bellamy looked to Clarke, "I hate to state the obvious, but your quarantine isnt working."

Clarke didnt say anything instead she began to sway and before I knew it she was headed to the ground. Before her body made contact with the dirt, Finn rushed towards her.

"Finn dont !" i yelled, but he ignored me. He grabbed Clarkes limp body, cradling her in his arms.

Clarkes eyes were barely open as she spoke, "Let me go, Im okay."

Finn shook his head, "no youre not Clarke."

Clarke let out a laboured breath, "Octavia will come back with a cure."

It seemed like the moment was planned because the second the words left Clarkes mouth Octavia was making her way back into camp, "There is no cure"

My heart fell to my stomach as the words left her mouth. If there was no cure then that meant that more people are going to die, and what if I get infected and my unborn baby dies...

Octavia continued, "But the grounders dont use it to kill."

I looked at her then back to the dead bodies outside the drop ship. "Really? Tell that to them." I scoffed.

Octavia shut her eyes for a moment as she sighed, Bellamy took this as a chance to chastise his younger sister, "I warned you about seeing that Grounder again."

Octavia shook her head, Yeah well, I have a warning for you too, She paused, looking around camp. Her eyes met mine and she gave me a look that I couldnt decipher. "The grounders are coming and theyre attacking at first light!"

Mutter instantly began flowing through camp. I turned wide eyes to look at my ex, who shook his head in disbelief. "So either we all die of the sickness, or we die from the grounders."

A/N

Hey my lovelies so I just started editing the chapters, and I am so sorry I just discovered that the app I used to write the chapters on, didn't add "" these symbols, so I am really sorry about that.....