Time for a change

A loud beep awoken me, I turn my alarm clock off and sit up from my bed. I slump out of bed and head over to my closet to change.

I walk out into my living room and the smell of wet clothes fills my nostrils. "Damn washer," I said bitterly. I sit down with my coffee in hand and look around the room, I just now noticed how empty my place is. I pull out my phone and look into my photos, I scan through my photos, but I stop at one. Ziva, I miss when we would hold each other, now we're just distant. I feel a tear run down my face, and before it could fall—I wipe it away. "No Tony. Forget about her. It's over between us," I said angrily.

I hop into my car and head off to work. I walk into the NCIS building and the smell of coffee and papers override my senses. "Hey McGoo," McGee looked up from his computer—"Oh, hey Tony," Tim said emotionless. "Seriously? No defense? Who hurt you?" I said jokingly, "It's not that, it's just...I've been dealing with this paper work since yesterday," McGee complained. "Paperwork?" I questioned, "Did ol' McShooter shoot the wrong person?" I asked jokingly. "No, I actually need to fill out some documents Gibbs assigned me to for our latest case," McGee said. "Ah, Mcnerdy stuff—got it," I said, I could feel McGee rolling his eyes and release a big sigh behind me, the best sensation I could feel.

"I just got a call from Leon, we need to head over to downtown, there's been a robbery and homicide," Gibbs said. "I'll get right on it boss," McGee stood up from his chair and headed out the door, "Tony, you're comin with me," Ziva motioned. "I call shotgun!" I shouted. Ziva looks back at me with an 'are you serious' kind of look, "c'mon Tony," Ziva said defeated. "Guess that means I get the booster seat," I snicker.

"So, Ziva?" I say tapping on my legs like a drum, "hmm?" Replied Ziva. "If I may ask, Why did you break up with me?" I ask rubbing the back of my neck. Ziva releases a big sigh, "look Tony, I love you, but we just didn't work out, mainly on my side, the spark just died out between us. I didn't want to drag you down with me," Ziva said. "I'm sorry to have to bring it up, but I wanted to know if I did anything wrong?" I ask, "No, no, nothing with you, as I said, I wasn't feeling it in the relationship and I hated how I was neglecting your feelings, and you deserve more than that," Ziva empathized. "I appreciate that Ziva," I smile.

Ziva and I approach the scene, it seems less brutal than our usual cases. "Judging by the gunshot to the chest—this man was murdered in a non personal way," Ducky said. "How many valuables were taken from the store?" Gibbs asked an officer, "Most of everything except for a couple of bills lying around from when he fled," the officer said. "Thank you officer," Gibbs said. "Sir, I think I found something," Ziva said walking back into the room she just came out of. "It appears to be a Yo-yo spray painted on the wall," Ziva said confused, "Our killer has their calling card," Gibbs said. "Maybe it means he keeps coming back?" McGee suggested, "or maybe that's what he wanted for Christmas and that's why he robbed the store and killed this man, he wanted revenge after Santa didn't give him what he wanted?" Tony suggested. "I don't know about that theory Tony," Ziva replied. "It makes perfect sense, childhood trauma is the big mama in this case," Tony said. "I feel as if you're talking from experience?" McGee suggested, "Everyone has an experience like that, mine was more traumatic," Tony retorted, "and what was that traumatic event?" Gibbs asked, "I asked for a bike and I ended up getting a visit from a clown with a unicycle, not fun," Tony shivered. "Oh, lil' Tony got traumatized," Ziva mocked. "For your information, that clown was looking at me weird," Tony retorted.

We get back to the office and everyone spreads out to sit at their desk. I look at McGee and see him typing on his computer again, I sit up from my desk and head over to his desk. "Whatcha workin on McTech?" I ask, "The same thing from the last time you asked," McGee replied, "Why don't you take a break? We can work on this case together, two brains are better than one," I suggest. "You have a brain," Ziva said smiling. "I do in fact have a brain—I just don't use it as much," I retort, "It really shows," Gibbs said. "Everyone is just being a bully to me now, he's the target," I gesture toward McGee. "Hmm, feels nice," McGee smiled and chuckled, "very funny McGee," I say.

"Hey Abby? Got anything?" I ask, "Nope, but I did find some fingerprints, generously found by McGee," "McGenerous," I say. "Indeed he is," Abby replied, "found anything on the fingerprints?" I ask, "I found this guy: Aubrey Alcust, he lives just 3 blocks from the recently robbed store," Abby said. "We'll find Aubrey and bring him in," replied Gibbs, "Where are you coming from?" I say, "The door," Gibbs smiled, "but you're so quiet—you're the librarian's favorite aren't you?" I ask. Gibbs shakes his head and heads out.