McMystery

====================================

I wake up to the sound of banging from upstairs. I look up expecting to see something, nothing but darkness. Judging by the window, there is light out. Although, I can't tell if it's night or day.

The door opens, the man walks down the stairs—slowly. Like he's low on energy. He walks in my direction with a slight limp. I look at the figure, but the darkness covered his face. "What do you want?!" I yell frustratedly. Silence. I sigh and look at the man, where I think his eyes would be. "Can I at least have something to eat?" I ask frustrated. "No," said the figure. Startled by his sudden action, the man turns to leave. Without thinking, I grab onto his leg with my free hand. The man jumps at my rash effort on his leg. "Please?" I ask, the tries to shake my grip from his leg, but I remain fixed. "Give me something, tell me something, why am I here?" I ask frantically. He manages to kick my hand off. The man's breathing went from calm to vigorous. He turns in my direction and winds back his leg. His work shoes colliding with my stomach, chest, and limbs. "Please?" I plea. He proceeds to kick harder. "Aaaahhh!" My arm colliding with the pipe as he blowed that final kick. At that, he seemed to stop. He stomps upstairs and slams the door behind him. The clanging upstairs became louder and continuous. I lie there holding my sore legs and chest as they ache in pain. "I miss you Tony," burning tears run down my face.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Check the neighbors, maybe they know something," Gibbs said. "Right on it Gibbs," Ziva walked toward the door. I slumped behind her, it's been two days since his disappearance. Why aren't we moving faster? Why aren't we getting closer? He could be dead by now. It'll be all my fault. "Tony?" Ziva looked at me with eyes full of concern. "Let's go," she hopped in the car.

"I know you're worried about him, we'll find him," I remain silent. "It's been two days Ziva, " my voice hoarse. "I know he's alive, he may be feeble, but he's strong," Ziva said. "But we don't know what the guy is like?" My voice raised in anger. Ziva remained silent. "Can't wait to punch that son of a bitch's face!" I grit my teeth. "Tag me in," Ziva joined.

"NCIS, we have a couple questions to ask," Ziva said at the door. I pull out my badge and place it at the peep hole. "Special Agents, we need to ask you some urgent questions," my voice slowly going back to normal. The door unlocks and opens, "what is this about?" The woman looks at us with a concerned look. "We're asking questions about your neighbor?" Ziva said. "I don't know much about him. He's pretty quiet," she said. "Here come in, get comfortable," she gestured.

"When did you see him last?" My eyebrows furrowed and focused. "I can't remember, I think two days ago," The woman looked down and up looking for an answer. "He offered to help me with my bags, after I had gotten home with some groceries I bought," she said. McGee's always helping someone, I smile at the thought of him struggling to lift a heavy object. "We chattted after he helped me," she continued. "Did he mention where he was going?" Ziva asked. "Just to go home to his new kitten," she said. "Did you hear any commotion at his place two days ago?" I ask. "I heard some crashing and a man speak," she said with a confused look. "The weird thing is, my neighbor has a soft voice, this man had a slightly deeper voice," her brows winced. "Do you know what he was saying?" Asked Ziva leaning in. "I think something about his cat," she said. "Thank you for your time, if you remember anything, call us," Ziva flashed her card. The woman nodded.

"Got news?" Gibbs asked. "We checked all of his neighbors. Only one person heard something," I said. "The only lead we have is the man has a slightly deeper voice than McGee's," Ziva setting her stuff down on her desk. "Did you check the last pet store he went to?" Gibbs asked. "Yeah, they have an allibi," I said. "Maybe check around the pet store," Gibbs said. Ziva and I look at each other, Ziva shrugs and grabs her stuff.