Sudden Feelings

"McGee and Dinozzo—I need you two to head over to Alcust's unit building and ask questions," Gibbs said walking toward the elevator. "You got it, boss. C'mon Timmy, let's McGo," Tony gestured. McGee smirked and rolled his eyes.

"3 blocks from the crime scene?" McGee asked, "Yeah, he committed a 'hit and enjoy the scenery  kind of thing?" Tony joked. "So, if Alcust was walking to his place—wouldn't any cameras catch him with a bagful of money?" McGee asked. "We could check the other shop's and landlord's cameras," Tony suggested. "That's probably the smartest thing I've heard come from your mouth," McGee smirked. "It's nice to be appreciated for my new found talent," Tony joked. McGee chuckled. Man, hearing McGee's laugh always makes me happy, knowing he was happy, made me happy.

We approach the unit room, "Mr. Alcust? NCIS, we have a couple of questions for you," McGee said. The chain on the door slid off and the door opened. "I'm agent McGee and this is my partner agent Dinozzo, we're here to ask some questions regarding the store that was robbed yesterday," McGee said. "I did hear about that, that's just awful, people these days," Alcust said. "Well, we found your fingerprints on the cash register, and there are no files out that you ever worked there," Tony said. "I did work there, only for a friend and it was only for a day since they had the store and they had an emergency," Alcust said. Where were you yesterday?" McGee asked. "I was here all day doing cleaning and chores," Alcust replied. "Where exactly did you clean?" Tony asked, "uh, the bathroom and kitchen, May I check out the rooms?" Tony asked, "yeah sure," Alcust said. I take the scanner Abby gave me and use to scan the counters. "Thank you for your cooperation," McGee said, "it's no problem, I hope you catch that damn bastard," Alcust said.

"How are things with the great and powerful McOz?" Tony asked. "Just paperwork," McGee answered, "got a girl to go out with?" Tony asked. "I wanna focus more on work, don't really need it," McGee said with his head down, "as long as you don't overwork yourself," I say. Out of my peripheral vision, I see McGee look at me, "what?" I ask, "nothing, thanks Tony," McGee said.

"Have anything?" Gibbs asked, "Alcust said that he was cleaning all day, but I don't believe it," Tony said. "But Tony scanned the counters to see if he is telling the truth," McGee butt in. "Give it to Abby, it'll give her something to do besides playing with her frog collection," Gibbs said. "Uh...frog collection?" Tony asked, "Why don't you ask her," Gibbs suggested.

"Got some stuff to analyze for ya Abba," Tony joked. "Nice," Abby enthused, "what am I looking for?" Abby asked. "Alcust's alibi involved cleaning his bathroom and kitchen," McGee replied, "who cleans their bathroom and kitchen all day?" Tony asked.

"Okay, so there are ruminants of Sodium hypochlorite and Hydrogen Peroxide, which are the main ingredient to bleach, and these compounds are fresh," Abby said. "He could've been cleaning off the weapon he killed Mr. Istal with," Tony suggested, "I don't know, he had hand sanitizer in every room, germaphobes tend to clean everyday or at least once a week all day," McGee said. "You know from experience?" Tony nudged, "yeah," McGee rubbed the back of his neck.