Taking a Shot (Dean Imagine)

You're in the gun range at the bunker shooting targets with your glock 17. This is where you like to come to take your mind off of things and unwind. Things have been sort of tense between you and Dean lately. You've started to feel things for Dean, but of course you decided to keep them to yourself. Sometimes you wish Dean would look at you as more than a hunting partner. Sometimes even you think that he likes you, or that he's going to make a move, but he never does.
You press the button on the side of the hand grip to eject the magazine. After you put in the ammo and re-insert the magazine, you disengage the safety. You pull back the slide on top of the barrel to load the bullet into the chamber. You aim towards the target and pull the trigger. You fire three times, hitting the bullseye.
"You're getting to be a damn good shot." You hear a voice say.
You turn around and see Dean leaning against the wall watching you.
"Damn it Dean, you scared me. Not a smart move when I have a gun in my hand." You shoot him an irritated look.
He smirks
You roll your eyes and turn back towards the target. Dean can such a pain in the ass.
"I didn't hear you come in. How'd you know I was down here anyway?" You ask as you fire three more times.
"You're always down here."
"Yeah, I guess you're right." You say before you face him again.
Dean pushes off the wall and moves closer to you. He furrows he's brows with concern.
"Are you okay?" He asks
You swallow hard. "I'm fine. Why do you ask?"
"These past couple weeks you seem, I don't know, tense."
"Whatever gave you that idea?" You turn back on the safety, and tuck the gun in the back of your pants. When you look up at him, he has an unreadable expression on his face. You get the feeling he wants you, but he holds himself back. Dean looks down at your lips, and you get the feeling he might kiss you.
"Dean?"
He clears his throat and looks back at your face. "We should, uh, go see if Sam has anything on this case."
That's it. You can't take it anymore. You need to clear the water and get everything out on the table.
"Dean, wait. You're right, I am tense. I'm tired of holding on to the hope that maybe we can take a shot at being together. I know you're not the type of person to get too close to people. Hell, hunters aren't generally that lucky when it comes to finding someone, but I always thought that we could be different. Every time I think we're getting closer, you pull away. You shut me out. Why?" At this point your yelling. "What are you so afraid of?"
You bite your bottom lip. You didn't mean to yell at him. Besides, he can't help how he feels. You can't get mad at him for guarding himself. If you had lost almost everyone you cared about, you'd close yourself off too.
Dean doesn't say anything. He just looks away and clenches his jaw.
"I'm sorry." You turn around and walk away.
"Wait." He tries to grab your arm but misses.
Even though you hear an ache in his voice, you don't turn around. He runs ahead of you and blocks the doorway.
"Dean move." You say looking at the floor.
"No."
"Look at me." His voice is tender and pained at the same time.
"Move, or so help me..."
You can't look at him for fear of crying, and the last thing you want to do is shed tears in front of Dean Winchester. Not that's he'll think of you as a wimp, but the last thing you need is his pity.
Dean lifts your chin up with his finger, forcing you to look up at him. He tilts his head, and bends down to kiss you. Your eyes close as you feel the softness of his lips. Dean's hands move to each side of your face. You place your hands on his hips as your breaths intermingle. You let out a small moan as a warmth spreads throughout your body. Deans kiss is gentle, yet passionate.
Suddenly, remembering where you are, you pull back. Breathing heavily, you open your eyes and he's looking at you with an intensity that makes your heart pound.
"What do you say we take this somewhere else?" He gives light smile.
"Well, what are you waiting for Winchester?" You smirk. "Let's go."
Dean grabs your hand and leads you out the of the gun range.
-THE END-