Lonely Christmas (Dean imagine)

It's December 24th. You're putting lights around a tall plant in your motel room while Christmas music plays on the radio. You had gone to the store to buy the lights so you could make everything festive. Even living the hunting life, you always liked to celebrate Christmas the best you could.
You take a step back and look at your makeshift tree. "It's not perfect, but It'll have to do." You say to yourself as you admire your work. You wish Dean were here to celebrate with you, but ever since Sammy was killed, Dean has been distant. You even told him where you were and offered for him to come, but he refused. You can understand of course, but no one deserves to be alone on Christmas.
Just as you were about to pour yourself egg nog, there was a knock at the door.
"It's probably the guy coming to collect today's payment."
You open the door, and to your surprise, you see Dean standing there.
"Dean."
"Hey."
"You decided to come after all."
"Yeah, well...." He scratches the back of his head. "I decided that I didn't want to be alone."
You smile. "Come on in." You stand out if the way and gesture him inside.
Dean walks in with something long wrapped in wrapping paper.
"I was just about to have some egg nog with some hunter's helper." You say as you shut the door. "Want to join me?"
Dean doesn't answer. When you turn around, you see him staring at your tree. When you walk over to him, you see that he's staring at the picture of Sam you put there. His eyes are narrowed.
"I'm sorry." You say while rubbing his back. "If it's too painful I can take it down."
It takes so long for Dean to respond that you start to think he won't, then he speaks up.
"No. It should stay there." He turns to you and puts on a smile, and you suspect it pains him to do so. "We have Christmas to celebrate don't we?"
"Yes we do." You smile slightly.
"Break out that egg nog you were talking about. Then I have a gift for you."
"I have one for you too, I kept it with me just in case you decided to come."
Dean smiles and you turn to get the beverages. After you pour the egg nog and add the rum, you bring the cups over to the coffee table and sit down on the couch. You gesture Dean over, and grabs the gift and sits down next to you.
"Okay, here you go." You hand him his present. "Hope you like it."
You hand him a box. He opens it, and takes out a gun.
"No way!" He exclaims. "A 44. magnum?"
"Yeah." You smile. "It's a Smith&Wesson model 29, just like Dirty Harry."
He looks at you. "Thanks. This gift is great, even though I already have what I want."
His green eyes are looking so intently into yours, that you're finding it hard to catch your breath. He then breaks his gaze.
"Uh, here." He hands you your gift. "I didn't know what to get you, so I hope this is good enough."
You open it, revealing a shiny new machete.
"Wow Dean, this is great. I really needed a new one. Thank you."
"You're welcome."
A machete may not be the ideal gift to many women, but to a hunter, it's perfect.
Dean picks up his egg nog and holds it out to you. "Cheers."
You pick up yours glass. "Cheers." You smile.
After your drinks are gone, you set the cups in sink and sit back down. Dean lies back and puts his feet on the coffee table.
"Thanks for inviting me." Dean says to break the silence.
You turn you head to look at him. "You're welcome. I couldn't have you spending the holidays alone. I know it's been hard for you Dean, and I want to let you know how important you are to me."
"Well, it means a lot. Ever since Sammy....."
You put a hand on the side of his face. "It's okay Dean, you don't have to say any more." When you start to take your hand away, Dean grabs your wrist to hold it there. You look into his eyes and swallow hard. He sits up straight leans towards you and kisses you lightly on the lips, sending a warmth throughout your body. When he pulls back, he leans back on the couch, pulling you towards him. You lie against him and wrap your arm around his stomach.
After lying in silence and looking at the lit tree, Dean kissed the top of your head.
"Merry Christmas." He says
You hug him tighter. "Merry Christmas Dean."
-THE END-