004

Distance,

   As class began, Isabella sat in the middle row, waiting for the teacher to start. She knew that she was a bit early, but she didn't mind, she loved hanging out with Ms. Peterson. "Oh! Isabella, I forgot to tell you... we are going to have a new student." Ms. Peterson grinned, "Really? When?" Isabella asked, putting her pencil down at looking up at her teacher. "Uhm... today. I may have you go pick him up from the office." Ms. Peterson advised, getting a nod from Isabella.

   The phone rings... "Hello, Ms. Peterson's room..." Isabella listened closely, "Yes! I do have a student that can give him a tour around the school." Isabella sighed a bit, "Yes... thank you, bye bye." Ms. Peterson puts the phone back, turning around to look at Isabella with a smile. "He's up in the office, I'll write you a pass." Isabella nodded, closing her textbook, and getting up from her seat, making her way to the front of the class.

   A few more students came in, "Isabella, just take your stuff, I don't think you'll be coming back after the tour." Ms. Peterson smiles, writing the pass. "But... what if we finish the tour early?" Isabella questioned, going back to grab her backpack and other school supplies. "Just hang out on the library... you already have your assignments completed, you can have a free period." Ms. Peterson winked, handing Isabella the pass. Isabella smiled and nodded, taking the pass before leaving the classroom, making her way to the office.

___________

   "Here's your student guide, Isabella!" The front desk lady pointed towards Isabella. Isabella looked at the boy, making full eye contact with the familiar long haired boy. Isabella gulped, giving an awkward smile as the boy looked at her weirdly, making his way towards the shorter girl. "Uhm... you ready to go?" Isabella asks, looking at him, he nods, following her as they started their walk. "I'm... Mi—"

   "Miguel... I know, don't you remember me?" Isabella chuckled, smiling as she looks up at him, continuing their walk out of the office. "Uh... no." He laughed, awkwardly. Isabella frowned, hiding her frown as they walked. "Right, anyways... this is the Cafeteria, next is the Gymnasium... and I'll show you your classes, where's your schedule?" Isabella asked, stopping in front of him.

  "Here." He handed her the the small piece of paper, Isabella observed it, realizing her had most of his classes with her. "Oh! We have mostly the same classes... I'll show you the two classes we don't have together." Isabella said, handing him back the piece of paper before beginning to walk to the first building. "Okay." He nodded, following after her.

___________

  "How could he not recognize you? Or at least remember your voice or name?" Arabella groaned, not believing Miguel could've forgotten Isabella that fast. "In his defense, he's been gone for a year and a half." Isabella shrugged, sipping on her water. "Shut up, not one person can forget your eyes, or your dimples, Isa." Luna chuckled, shaking her head. "Well... he obviously did, so..." Isabella mumbled. "Whatever, maybe he's faking it, maybe that famousness got to his head." Arabella gestured to her head.

  "It's not a big deal, Bella. It already happened, he did move next to me, but maybe he's intentionally doing it, maybe he doesn't want to be friends anymore." Isabella mumbled the last part, still trying to convince herself of her own words. It was hard to believe that one of her friends would ghost her in a way, and would ignore that past of knowing her, maybe she was overthinking it too.

  "His movie's coming out on Friday... would you guys wanna see it?" Luna asked, breaking the small silence, Isabella turned towards her, nodding slowly. "Sure, I wouldn't mind." Arabella nodded lazily, still annoyed that Miguel was lying. "Bella, it's fine... stop worrying about it." Luna assured, rubbing her friends back. "I know... it just pisses me off... I have my last period with him." Arabella said. "Oh..." Isabella slowly nodded, unsure of what to say.

_______

HIIII