005

Distance,

It was Friday, the last day of the week, and the favorited day by many. Isabella looked at her mirror, sitting at her vanity and getting ready for the day. She wore a big sweater with jeans, pretty basic, but very cozy. "Isa, I have to go into school early so you're gonna have to walk today." Veronica shouted from below. "Okay." She shouted back, moving her hair out of her face, brushing through her hair with her fingers.

Isabella hummed a tune as she grabbed her chapstick, brushing over her somewhat-chapped lips, rubbing them together right after to spread it around. She heard the sound of her sister leaving, turning to looking at the window next to her to see her sister backing out of the parking lot. Isabella sighed, turning back to the mirror and fixing up that last few pieces of her hair, staring at her face and frowning lightly. She never cared for her own looks in general, and may have seemed random to bring it up in this exact moment, but recently she's been overthinking a lot, stressing over small things, and feeling even more insecure than usual.

She was finally finished getting ready, grabbing her phone and other items before walking down the stairs, grabbing her water bottle and filling it up. Next, she grabbed her backpack that sat next to the counter, placing her water bottle and putting it into the pouch on the side of her bag. "Bye Mom!" Isabella shouted as she opened the front door, closing it behind her as she walked down the driveway, making her way to the sidewalk to start her walk to school.

Isabella placed her Earbuds in, trying to ignore her own thoughts as she walked this 15 minutes walk. Isabella felt a presence, her eyebrows furrowing as she walked, slowly turning her head to see Miguel, he looked at her weirdly, up and down before Isabella broke the eye contact, turning away and continuing her walk. She thought about their few interactions, realizing that maybe Miguel did forget her or he just did not want to remember her at all.

She kept her head down, placing with her sweater as she continued her walk, not paying attention to her surroundings. Finally, she looked up, seeing she was much closer to school, she turned around to see no one. Isabella was now confused to where Miguel had disappeared too, but shrugging it off as she walked up to the school, only to see Miguel already there, she sighed, deciding she was overthinking it and should just forget about it.

He didn't want anything to do with her, so she should just get over it, she should just ignore the fact that they were close and he ignored that when he got back.

__________

The students sat in their first period, taking quick notes as the teacher spoke, glancing at everyone's movements as he talked. "I need you all to pick partners, we're having a semi-project that will be due in a week." The teacher clasped his hands together, watching the students get up and start to pair with others. Isabella watched students pair quickly, she had no friends in this class, so she was left alone. She looked around, seeing almost everyone paired up, only to see Miguel... alone?

  Her eyebrows risen, glancing at him before looking away to act like she was still looking around for a partner as she felt his eyes on her. "Ms. Diaz, you don't have a partner?" The teacher asked her, noticing her solitary stand, she nods slowly. "Oh... Miguel doesn't have a partner either! You guys can work together." The teacher grinned turning away to start writing on the board. Isabella slowly turns to the boy who started walking towards her, scratching the back of his neck as he looked down at his feet.

  "Uh... should we meet tonight at your house?" He asks, scratching his neck, trying to find a distraction for some reason. "I can't, I'm going to the movies after school, what about tomorrow?" Isabella tried to compromise, he looks at her before nodding slowly. "Sure, what's your number?" Miguel questioned, looking towards her as he discreetly pulled out his phone. Isabella looked at him sucking in a breath before giving him the number.

___________

  "Hurry! We're going to be late." Arabella shouted, grabbing her drink and popcorn before speed walking towards the theater. "Slow down." Luna shouted as she tried to follow her friend. "Are you excited to see your future boyfriend's movie?" Luna teased as they walked into the theater. "Shut up." Isabella mumbled with a laugh. "Hey... you never know." Luna shrugged as they made their way to the seats.

  They sit down, waiting for the movie to start. Isabella felt weird, she couldn't believe that her childhood friend was in a movie and was famous now. She just wished she could've celebrated with him, at least been able to congratulate him in those moments. She'd been 13 when he left, she was now 15, it'd been a year and a half.

  She missed him.

______

i am SO sorry for not answering right away, baes 🤗 !!

idk what i'm gonna be for halloween , but if i don't go trick or treating, i'll probably stay home .

ANYWAYSSSS, i'll post more tomorrow.