015

Distance,

      It's been a week since Miguel and Isabella's hang out, it was Saturday night, and Isabella was planning to have Miguel come over so she could hang out with him. Isabella hummed a tune, folding her knitted blankets and putting them away, she threw away any trash, fluffing her pillows, and constantly flattening her duvet covers, making sure her room was clean. She feels her phone vibrate.

mama

where's veronica?

no se, por que, ma?

ay, dios mio.

ma? que paso?

nada, mija

are you sure?

sí... come downstairs if
she texts you... she isn't
answering your papí...
or me.

okay, mamí.

__

         Isabella furrows her eyebrows, exiting her messages with her mom and going over to Veronica's messages with her. She didn't know what was happening or going on, but she knew it wouldn't end well, even if it was an argument.

ronnie 🥸

where are uuu?
hello
ron
ronnie
veronica...
ronnie, you're lowkey
scaring me, even ma
is scared, what happened?
seen

(***)

        The bubbles moved on the text, as Isabella waited for a reply, she sat on her bed, bringing a hand up to her face, running it through her hair with frustration. She suck in a breath, bringing her hand to her mouth as she store at the text, bringing her thumb up to her mouth, starting to bite the skin around it, feeling her anxiety levels start to rise as the bubbles went away.

        "Fuck." Isabella exclaimed, silently praying that her sister was okay. She goes over to Miguel and her's messages, hoping he'd seen her leave, or at least hoping he could comfort her, and tell her everything would be okay, that Veronica was safe, and okay. Plus, Veronica used to run over to their house to stay, after Veronica and her mother got into a fight, she'd run over to be with Wendy... who treated her like her own.

miguelito man 🫣💓

miguel.

what, isa?

have you seen
ronnie... or is she
at your house?

uhm... she's in my mom's
room, they're talking right now.
why? que paso, isabella?

nada, miguel,
idk.. can you
tell her to come back.
and to answer my texts?
por favor.

sure, can you
tell me what's going
on, though?

i don't even know..
i'm just worried.
idk what's going to
happen, but..
i'll text you if our plans
for tonight have to change.

okay, be safe, isabella

i will, miguel.

______

      As Isabella turned off her phone, she sighed, putting her phone down and exiting her room, she walked down the stairs, each step, she thought about his situation. She thought she should probably turn back and go back to her room, and not tell her mother where Veronica was at, or maybe she should, just do her mother knew and was okay. 

       She gave in, knowing her parents wouldn't be pleased either way. She also knew that her own sister would be even more pissed at her for telling their parents where she was. Yet, she gave in, turning back up to her room, slowly walking back into her room, closing the door behind her. Isabella didn't handle that well, people being mad at her, yet, so many people had some sort of anger towards her, for many different reasons of their own. As she waited, she laid in her bed, knowing her parents and sister were about to get into it, they were going to argue, about anything and everything, bringing up something that happened years before, bringing every family member's name into it, bringing everything and anything into it.

        Isabella sucked in a breath, hearing the front door of Miguel's house close, and the footsteps in the rocks, come closer to their house. "Please..." Isabella mumbled to herself, she walked over to her desk, grabbing her phone, headphones, and her bottle of water. She sat on her bed, waiting for everything to erupt. The muffled conversation started, "Where were you?", "Somewhere.", "Veronica, where the fuck were you?", "Why does it matter? I'm here... just calm down.", "You act like you can run away and do anything and everything you please, but you can't. You're a fucking kid, how old do you think you are? Fucking 21? 19? 25? No! You're 17, you're a kid."

"You sure don't treat me like one. You treat me like an adult then when you don't want to be the bad guy or wrong, you tell me I'm the kid, and you're the adult, who makes all the big decisions." Veronica rambled, raising her voice. Isabella sucked in a breath, hearing the first yell before walking with her items; a pillow, phone, headphones, and a cup of water to the closet. She opened the door, crawling into the small space hidden behind her clothes, that she'd made for herself a few years ago.

It was a usual thing; the arguing. Isabella usually had a head start, having 5 minutes to get everything and run to Miguel's house, but she accepted her fate today for some reason, deciding she couldn't run away from her family problems and many flaws, she had to face them, and acknowledge them. She opens her phone, connecting her phone to the headphones and putting them on quickly before practically running to Miguel's contact.

miguelito man 🫣💓

i don't think you
should come over, today.

what happened?
seen
isa
seen
isabella
seen
bella
seen
i'll sneak in through
your window, ik
where your usual
spot is, so i'll go
look in there first.
seen