018

Distance,

               Isabella cackled, laughing at something Luna had said, putting her head down, trying contain her laughter. "Shut up, it's not that funny." Arabella mumbled, smiling at the sight of her friend cracking up. "It is that funny, leave her alone." Miguel grumbled, sipping on his water, giving her a glare before looking over to Isabella and smiling softly. Isabella sighed, slowly starting to stop laughing as she sat up, looking over to her friends.

Her two friends give her a look, both eyeing each other before looking back at Isabella, then at Miguel, then back at each other, before smiling. Miguel gives them a weird look, furrowing his eyebrows at Isabella, she does the same, watching her friends whisper in each other's ears, glancing at the two other teens across them. Isabella sighs, looking at Miguel with uncertainty, going over to whisper in his ear.

"Why are they being weird?" Isabella questions, pulling away and looking at him in the eyes, before he pulls her in to whisper, "They're your friends, but I think it's because you told them we kissed on Saturday." Miguel explained, looking at Isabella, glancing back at Isabella's friends. Isabella nodded slowly, "I think they're gossiping about us." Isabella mumbled, giggling in his ear before pulling away, looking to see him smiling softly. "Your laugh is so cute." Miguel whispers, looking at Isabella, pulling away, looking to see a bright smile on her face, but her cheeks being coated pink.

____________

               Miguel watched Isabella talking to her two friends, waiting at the front to walk her home, pulling his phone out of his pocket, looking to see a few notifications, opening them quickly.

tbp cool kids 🤟

mason🥱
guys!
hello
guys
ik you guys
are on your phone's
24/7... hello.
GUYS

tristan the terrible president🙃
what do you want.

mads👍
hi mason

brady🙁
what do you want,
losers?

becca🎸
hi

mason🥱
OKAY... MY MOM
IS GONNA ASK
UR GUYS' MOMS
IF WE CAN
ALL MEET
TOGETYHER IN ONE
STATE TO HANG OUT
FOR A WEEKEND.

miguel🦧
your*
together*

mason🥱
i hate you.

miguel🦧
if you hated me,
you wouldn't be
excited about hanging
out with all of us.
stupid

mason🥱
true, but still..
i'm so excited, what
place should we
meet in?

mads👍
az

becca🎸
^^^

tristan the terrible presidant🙃
^^^^!!!!

brady🙁
arizona please.

miguel🦧
you guys do
realize that az is
SO boring. there's like
one amusement
park, and even that one
kinda sucks.

mason🥱
it's because we want
to meet, ms. isabella.

miguel🦧
no.

becca🎸
WHAT? WHY?
PLS, SHE SEEMS
SO COOL,
PLUS... YOU TALK ABT
HER ALL THE TIME
I WANNA AT LEAST MEET
HER.

miguel🦧
no, you guys
can't meet her.
she's special, and
you guys can't
meet my fav
person ever.

tristan the terrible president🙃
ohhh, it's because
WE are so cool, and isabella
wouldn't be able to handle our
coolness.
duh!

miguel🦧
sure...
keep lying to
yourself sweetie.
but i also don't want
you guys to meet her
because, isabella LOVES
meeting new people,
and knowing her,
she'd get comfortable with
all of you guys and become
super chatty and
add into your guys' craziness.

mads👍
isabella doesn't
seem that bad,
you said she was an
introvert who barely talked
to anyone.

miguel🦧
yeah, an introvert
to people she doesn't like
and isn't comfortable with.
but when she's
comfortable with you...
she's something else.

mason🥱
we still wanna go.

becca🎸
frrr

tristan the terrible president🙃
^^

brady🙁
i'm a lil late but,
^^^^

mads👍
^^^^^^^!!!!!!

miguel🦧
goddamnit.

_____

Miguel turns off his phone, looking up to see Isabella walking over, his gaze softens a bit, smiling at her happy expression. Once she makes it over, she grabs his hand, starting to walk. They start their walk, walking past a few buildings, many trees, and the small park. "My friends... from The Black Phone? They... uh... they wanna meet you." Miguel mumbled, scratching the back of his neck as they walked along the sidewalk. "Oh, yeah?" Isabella hummed, making Miguel nod.

           "When?" Isabella asks, looking up as they swung their laced hands together. "I don't know... soon." Isabella hummed, looking away to the the area in front of them. "I'm hungry... wanna go to the gas station?" Isabella asked, looking over at him, smiling slightly. "Fine." Miguel nodded with a soft smile, following Isabella to the small building.

           As they got closer, they smiled up at each other, knowing they were about to get so many snacks that they wouldn't be able to eat them all. And their slushes.