Ch. 3: My Younger Brother is Strange (1)

MARCH 16, 2019 ~ CATCAT

#edited: 14/4/2019

___________________________________________

<My Younger Brother is Strange (1)>

I was sitting on a bed and not on a dragon’s body. The scent of blood was also gone. The clothes I had been wearing were different too.

‘……Have I really gone back in time?’

First of all, I could not open the status window. I didn’t have my inventory either. Five years ago, I still had yet to be Awakened.

‘Yuhyun, that kid, was already a popular guild leader.’

Haeyeon Guild (垓埏). It was the guild that would become the best in both Korea and the world after five years of rapid development with a small number of elite members.

Of course, I was unable to get in. …There were many guild members that did not like me.

‘I’ve heard a hundred times that I should stop hanging around the guild and get out.’

Ugh, lousy things. Yeah, this time around I’ll keep my head down and live well.

I rummaged through my pocket and took out my cellphone. The date… Oh, I really was 5 years in the past. The most recent message was—

‘Wait, wasn’t this an Awakening Broker?’

Just that morning I had contacted the Awakening Broker. Seeing that, I began to recall the past.

‘I have gone back to that time.’

It had been 3 years since Dungeons started appearing in the world, causing the Awakening of many enthusiastic Hunters. Now was a time where the rapidly changing world was gradually stabilizing.

It was a time when I was struggling with an inferiority complex, only able to look at the back of my brother, who was a well-known “S-level Awakening”. Therefore I contacted the Awakening Broker in the vain hope that if I Awakened, I would be like him.

Awakening Brokers. To put it simply, swindlers.

Awakening Brokers were brokers who illegally allowed people to enter Dungeons in exchange for a large amount of money, telling them that they would Awaken if they clear the Dungeon. Most of them, however, were vicious people who would disappear after taking the money. Even if they did take you to the Dungeon, they would not protect you.

‘It’s not like I Awakened through clearing a Dungeon in the first place.’

There was a high possibility of Awakening due to the dangerous environment of a Dungeon, but it has nothing to do with clearing the Dungeon. Those facts were revealed to the public half a year later and the Korean Hunter’s Association would later create a safe Awakening facility, and brokers completely disappeared.

Anyway, I had packed some money to meet with the broker.

‘I had gotten caught by my younger brother’s men and brought here.’

Yeah, I remember this for sure. This was one of the rooms in the Haeyeon Guild building.

Right now he was probably going to come in and yell at me with disapproval. Just as I had that thought, the door burst open. Han Yuhyun stepped into the room.

He wasn’t a gentleman either.

“Hyung.”

My living younger brother called out to me. The face looking at me was very young. He was young even after five years but right now, he was even younger.