Ch 26: OFF(2)

<OFF (2)>

“Wh-what can I do for you?”[1]

A young employee in his early twenties standing at the entrance was frozen stiff after seeing Kim Sunghan. Well, it was a face that would be scary to meet in a dim place.

“Do you know Kim Minee?”

Kim Sunghan asked in a low voice, as if interrogating. Like that, the kid might cry. He was completely terrified.

“Ki-Kim Minee… Ah, Minee hyung? Yes! He contacted me!”

I was wondering why he was asking that out of nowhere, but it seemed like Kim Minee had said he would put in a word since it was one of his hangouts. Relieved, the employee forced on a smile.

“So you were Minee hyung’s sunbaes[2]. Please come in! We left a quiet place for you!”

How should I say this, it felt like it became an atmosphere where we would be ushered into a room. Of course, there weren’t anything like rooms, and it was seats that were off to the side in a corner. The location was good, but I most liked that there was a partition put up.

It was a feeling where I wanted, in various ways, to hide.

“I will bring over the most popular ones quiiickly! For drinks, imported beer? We also have hard liquor, but 17-year-old Valentine is the best. It didn’t sell well so we only have a few bottles.”

The employee, who had recovered his spirits during that time, chattered frivolously. Kids these days had no fear.

Sitting across from me, Kim Sunghan looked at me as if telling me to order. I raised the menu that was on the table and then lowered it gently. There were too many snacks and drinks. My staple was just Iseul[3].

“Please bring a reasonable amount of beer and soju.”

Up to you, reasonably, nicely.

“Yes, hyung-nim!”

The employee gave a 90 degree bow and sped away.

The sound of the fast-paced music and the sound of laughter were noisy. When I was coming in, I noticed there was even a small stage space near the longish bar. It seemed about half a club.

While I was looking around the surroundings a little, the alcohol and snacks came out. It was fast. Assorted fritters and fruits, budae jjigae[4], types of snacks, and such were spread across the table. This was chicken… salad? Why salad?

“If you need something, please call me anytime~.”

You would be full with just eating the snacks. First, I lightly moistened my throat with beer and ate some snacks. This potato fritter tasted good. The greasy salty-and-sweetness from the well saturated seasonings and being heaped with sweet-based cheese sauce was really great.

“I would like to apologize once again for my misunderstanding.”

Kim Sunghan said with a sincere face and a sincere voice and a sincere attitude. Against the background sound of the fresh and lively popular song that I really liked.

As expected, this atmosphere really wasn’t it. I wanted to get drunk quickly.

“I did act in a way that could be misunderstood. The matter with the Awakening broker too.”