Ch 4: My Younger Brother is Strange (2)

MARCH 17, 2019 ~ CATCAT

#edited: 14/4/2019

___________________________________________

<My Younger Brother is Strange (2)>

I had gone back to the past. Was that not what had just happened?

‘Did the things that happened before I went back in time affect me?’

Was that why the caregiver title changed?

Before confirming the title, I checked the rest of my stats.

[ Level 1 ]

Stamina: 6 | Strength: 4 | Agility: 5 | Spirit: 4 | Mana: 2

Well, this was the same. Excluding mana, my level 1 stats had an average value of around 5, which made them F Class.

The growth of level of Awakened stats was determined by the average level of stats from the beginning, excluding the dirty slow mana.

So, although there were often times when the rating of the stats varied as they grew, it was usually impossible for stats to increase by two Classes. It meant that a cat would never grow up to become a tiger.

[ Skills ]

Spirit Up (E): Spirit of the target + 5% (Immediate effect, similar and/or identical skills cannot overlap)
[ Duration : 30 minutes ]

Agility Up (E): Agility of target + 5% (Immediate effect, similarity and/or identical skills cannot overlap)
[ Duration : 30 minutes ]

My basic skills were also very similar to my previous ones. I used to have Strength Up instead of Spirit Up, but it probably changed because the Awakening situation had changed.

My basic buffs’ skill rating was E, only one Class above the bottom. Still, it was a skill that could easily go up to D-Class if cultivated well.

‘I wasn’t able to raise the Class because Yuhyun kept getting in my way.’

Even if someone’s stats were F Class, if their skill became D Class, their Awakening Class could be raised to E. That was why some people who had F Class stats could be considered B Class through their skills – albeit only occasionally.  About a one in five million chance?

There was only one person in the world who had F Class stats but was considered A Class due to her SS Class skill. Emily Spence, a Saint who was said to be able to keep people alive with her own breath. She was an incredibly old lady and many people were of the opinion that she should have been an S Class. However, no one could help her clear an S Class Dungeon and so she eventually remained as an A Class. S Class Dungeons were too dangerous to be able to clear while protecting an F Class.

‘Once again I just barely qualified to be a Hunter.’

There were many Awakened people in the world. Originally it was not as common but when the Awakening Center would be established six months later, the grandfather of the house behind you, the boy next door, and the uncle of the house over there could all be Awakened.

But 999 of those 1,000 Awakenings had F Class stats and F Class skills. In other words, they were just ordinary people.

What was worse was that F Class skills could not be upgraded because growth was impossible.

Thus, Hunter qualifications were issued only when either the stats or skills was E Class and above. This was the reason why there were so many Awakenings but so few Hunters.