Ch 63: Preparation's Done(3)

< Preparations Done (3) >

We went right back home. There were too many people with one door between us and them, for us to speak in detail in the workroom.

-Chiiirp!

Lowered onto a table, Chirpie stared right at Myeongwoo. I didn’t know the reason, but it seemed like it had received an immense impression. What was it thinking in that tiny head?

“It’s pretty late – what do you want for dinner?”

Myeongwoo asked normally. It was an attitude as if he hadn’t even seen the SS-Rank skill. But he wasn’t exactly the same as before.

The uneasy look that showed up at the drop of a hat, had completely disappeared. Of course his expression had brightened, and even his attitude, voice seemed leisurely.

It was like only the outward appearance was the same and the person had completely changed. That was reasonable, but still.

“Is dinner the problem right now?”

I spit out sulkily, sitting on the sofa while holding Peace. Why didn’t you explain the skill? I only saw the skill name so I was curious. I had thought he would have been so excited he would babble on about it as soon as we came home, but wasn’t he too nonchalant?

“Sit down and explain it to me a bit.”

At my urging, that Myeongwoo smiled proudly. That guy, he couldn’t have been taking his time on purpose, right?

“Sorry. You must’ve been really curious.”

It really was an apology that didn’t feel like it had a speck[1] of honesty. That guy sat next to me on the sofa.

“The skill’s name is Gold Forge’s Owner. Like I said, it’s an SS-Rank skill.”

“Forge? Just looking a the name, it seems like a production related special skill; is that right?”

“Yeah.”

That Myeongwoo nodded his head proudly. So it really was a production skill. Looking at the name, it was hundred percent that, but I had worried a little that something weird would come out.

“Exactly like the name, it’s a skill where you can make items. Of course weapons and defense tools, and if even a little bit of metal goes into it, even types of accessories are possible.”

To think that he could make anything as long as it had metal. It really was more impressive than expected.

Maybe he had turned on the skill’s explanation window, because Myeongwoo moved his gaze toward the air.

“There’s no restriction on the rank of the items I can make.”

“There’s no restriction?!”

Wasn’t that too much of a scam? It was SS-Rank, so I had thought you had to do well to make up to SS-Rank.

“There’s no restriction, but with my current level, only low rank ones will come out. There’s something called ‘proficiency’ here.”

“Proficiency?”

“Yeah. It says that the higher the proficiency level is, the higher the probability of a high rank item coming out. And the materials’ rank is also important. There’s something called a beginner blacksmith’s production encyclopedia, but here… only up to A-Rank items come up. It says ‘Please use as reference to a certain extent, and demonstrate your own strength for genuine item production’?”

It seemed like instead of a restriction on the produced item’s rank, it was affected significantly by the Awakened Person’s competency. Acquiring it also made him do physical labor, and was it saying to keep on doing physical labor even afterwards?