Ch 28: Perfect Caregiver

< Perfect Caregiver >

“…I am in my thirties, no my twenties, though.”

I said blankly. Grandfather… To think that I would hear that it was a grandfather who was brought to mind when he looked at me. My hair was still black, though. And my skin didn’t have a single wrinkle and was smooth. Just how did my appearance bring to mind his grandfather?

[I know. But yesterday, I saw my grandfather in your drunken figure. Grandfather would also say ‘I love you’ quite often when he was drunk.]

“Ah, that’s why…”

Even if you said so, it was still definitely weird! I mean, if a girl you’re having a fling with got drunk and said ‘I love you’, even then would you be like ‘grandfather!’? Or grandmother?

“Still, I’m not drunk now and there wouldn’t be a reason for me to get drunk, so wouldn’t there be no reason I would bring to mind your grandfather?”

Especially since I had no intention of saying something crazy like ‘I love you’ a second time. …I felt like I had already done that enough for a lifetime, shit.

[……That, would be correct.]

Kim Sunghan’s voice was unbecomingly full of regret.

[Even so, Yoojin-ssi still feels like my grandfather.]

“I mean, even if you say so…”

[Is that not okay?]

“……Excuse me?”

[I won’t say nonsense in front of other people. Simply just calling to say hello and sometimes meeting up would be enough. At any rate, we are in the same Guild, so it wouldn’t be inconvenient either.]

……Was he asking me to play the role of his grandfather? I mean, I really didn’t understand. Did something go wrong with the alcohol that was drunk yesterday? Exactly how was his head structured that when he heard a drunk person say ‘I love you’, he would think of the grandfather who raised… hi……

‘…Wait. If it’s the grandfather who raised him.’

Caregiver.

I told the ‘I love you’ keyword to Kim Sunghan when I was drunk.

Kim Sunghan heard the keyword and thought of his grandfather.

Not his parents or friends, or even a lover, but the person who cared for him.

And then, he saw that caregiver and me superimposed.

The pieces of the puzzle slotted into place one by one.

As weird as it was, I thought of Yerim who looked at me with a sense of closeness. And I thought of Yoo Myeongwoo who kept on clinging.

And the attitude of the dongsaeng who excessively tried to protect me, starting from the moment the skill was applied…

‘……Crazy, what is this.’

The puzzle was put together but my head became even more dizzy.

It fit together too well to deny it by saying it didn’t make sense. From Yoohyun to Kim Sunghan, the weirdly changed attitudes were all explained.

The Perfect Caregiver title’s, or the My Brat skill’s, hidden effect. Making influenced people regard me as the worthiest caregiver they knew, if it was that kind of crazy thing.

[Han Yoojin-ssi? If you happen to dislike it…]

“N-no. It’s alright.”

I gripped my head that was heating up and spoke vaguely.