Ch 13: Second S-rank(2)

This chapter is updated by Novels.pl
___________________________________________
<Second S-Rank (2)>

-Chiiiik「¹」

Against the super fancy「²」 marbling, the chuck flap tail「³」 made a delicious sound as it was lowered onto the grill. Next to it, Korean beef tripe was puffed up and sizzling with fat.

The world was definitely worth living in.

It would be great to have a bottle of soju or beer but it wasn’t right for this situation.

“You can drink alcohol.”

“…Hm?”

“Your face looks like you really want to drink. I’ve seen drunk people everyday so you don’t have to worry.”

……Was my face too obvious or could she read minds?

“I can’t get drunk when we have to talk about the contract. And the person in front of me is a formidable opponent. I’m afraid I’ll get robbed if I get drunk, so I can’t.”

“Rather than me being formidable, isn’t it that ahjussi「⁴」 is too soft?”

Bak Yerim smiled delightedly. It seemed like her grumbling mood had loosened.

To make it easy to talk, we deliberately went into a room so there weren’t other customers nearby. In the first place, the time was a little awkward so there weren’t a lot of customers at all.

Kim Sunghan refused the proposal to each together, and after carefully looking around the inside of the restaurant, he went outside, saying he would wait there. I should just give up on making that person an S-Rank. We weren’t getting close at all.

“Anyways, did you really know my parents?”

Bak Yerim asked, picking up a piece of meat.

“If we didn’t know each other, how would I have been able find you right away. We didn’t know each other well, but I was once indebted to them when I was young.”

“When you were young?”

“Yeah. I lost my parents early too. Trying to survive while taking care of my young dongsaeng was difficult.”

I was running myself ragged trying to sell the story. But this was something emotionally moving for Koreans – tragic circumstances of losing parents early in life and having no one to turn to, etcetera. Even with just sympathy votes from losing your parents, you could become the president.

“Back then, your parents gave us a little help. That was already around 10 years ago so you probably don’t remember.”

Of course, I didn’t remember either. Pouring a cup of cider, instead of alcohol, I continued speaking.

“Before Awakening, I was busy with just surviving so I didn’t have time to think about looking. I had an S-Rank Awakened Person as a dongsaeng but until recently our relationship wasn’t good.”

“Really? Now that I think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever heard about Haeyeon Guild Leader’s family.”

“We made up a few days ago. I Awakened, and got a useful skill, and made up with my dongsaeng. With things settling down, I remembered past things. It’s a little selfish, right?”

“What do you mean selfish. Just look at my uncle! There are a lot of people who repay good with evil, so remembering even a while later is better at least.”

Bak Yerim said, puffing out her cheeks. The inside of those cheeks was full with well-stuffed meat-ssam「⁵」. She eats well.

“Hey, that’s chili.”