Ch 54: Chirp(3)

< Chirp (3) >

-Kkiook!

Puuhk!

The Moss Monkey that got its head crushed fell from the tree. At the same time, Chirpie on top of my head flapped its wings.

-Cheep cheep! Cheep cheep!

It was a sign that the monkey killed just now had a magic stone.

I had found two F-Rank magic stones and fed them to it, and afterwards, when I caught monkeys with magic stones, it started to chirp as if asking for them. It seemed like it was feeling the presence of magic stones.

“Chirpie, you’re more of a big eater than I had thought.”

With this, it was already the sixth, but it was still flapping, saying it would eat. On top of that, unlike Peace, it didn’t even touch meat and only ate magic stones.

-Chirp! Chirp!

“Alright, alright.”

It hadn’t even been thirty minutes since you met me. But seeing how it was sticking right to me and even pressing for food, the kid was a bit shameless. Was it too young to distinguish people’s individuality[1]? Or was it that it regarded anyone as its parent if they fed it?

Moss Monkeys’ magic stones were usually around below the nape. When I took a knife and cut the skin, above my head, it was really tap dancing.

-Cheep cheep cheep! Cheep!

Ugh, blood splattered. Even though I was careful to the upmost, I couldn’t help but get, of course my hand, but also the sleeves to the elbow spotted with blood. I should wash at the pond or something before I go out.

I passed the magic stone over to the beak of Chirpie, who had come down to my shoulder in the meantime. It was small because it was an ordinary F-Rank monster magic stone, but it was still a size that was hard to swallow in one gulp, and yet it went down really well.

-Chirp!

“Are you going to eat more?”

-Chirp!

I didn’t know what it was saying, but it didn’t sound like it was full. Alright, let’s see how much you can eat.

I thoroughly rummaged through the not that large forest, and caught and killed Moss Monkeys. During a dungeon attack, you didn’t need to catch all the of the ordinary monsters. You just had to hunt over half of the entirety and catch the boss monster. But the more you hunted, the little longer the dungeon would be stabilized, so the Association recommended to exterminate as much as possible.

Technology that could accurately tell a dungeon’s saturation state hadn’t been developed yet, so in cases where you caught only half and came out, you had to separately report it.

I didn’t feel the presence of Moss Monkeys anymore, so I went toward the pond. Chirpie, who had eaten up the magic stones every time they appeared, must have been in a good mood because it was humming softly.

“If magic stones were normal food, your stomach would’ve already burst.”

While eating everything I gave it, in the end, it ate an amount that was larger than its body. Even if they were magic stones, they should still pass through the stomach, so it seemed like the absorption was fast.

-Cheep cheep cheep~ cheeeep

“You’re a glutton, a total glutton.”

This guy’s food costs would be formidable. Even if it was F-Rank, exactly how much was it?