Ch 18: Head of Human Resources(3)

This chapter is updated by Novels.pl
___________________________________________
<Head of Human Resources (3)>

“I’m sorry but I’m fine the way I am now.”

I made my decision to live peacefully on top of a king lizard’s carapace.

…That said, there was a lot of unfinished work, but leaving the precious skills I’d already gotten to collect dust was bit of a waste. Anyways, I was definitely not going to put myself forward and would live quietly and comfortably.

“Please think it over again,” Suk Simyeong said, not giving up.

“Soon, it will become easy for anybody to try to Awaken. With the upcoming era where, according to the Hunter Association prediction, the number of domestic Awakened People will break through five million in 1 year, and more than 2 thirds of the population will become Awakened People in 3 years, is it not regretful to not display Han Yoojin-ssi’s abilities at this point in time?”

Regretful, yeah right. With the way he was speaking, you’d mistake me for some kind of rare scout.

“Thank you for regarding me highly, but Bak Yerim-yang’s situation was nothing but chance. There is hardly any probability of finding yet another lucky break like that.”

Was what I said, but if I wanted to, I could find more people with the aptitude to become S-Ranks and optimally Awaken them.

But I wouldn’t. This much was enough, why would I do more? Even just Yerim was troublesome enough. I was just going to give Yoo Myeongwoo his SS-Rank skill and put him in the guild, and then be done with it.

“Of course, I am not expecting you to bring over another S-Rank Awakened Person. That goes beyond excessive into a theft-like disposition. In fact, you do not have to scout new Awakened People at all.”

“…Then?”

Suk Simyeong replied, with a twinkle in his eyes that didn’t suit him, “With that keen insight and analytical skills, you can create[1] a new system for the Hunter community together with us-.”

“I can’t!”

What was this ahjussi talking about! Insight or analysis or whatever, no matter how hard I work[2] I don’t have it! I’m actually cheating[3]. I saw the answer sheet, in the future.

“Han Yoojin-ssi!”

“I won’t, I can’t. I don’t have that ability! I didn’t even get into college. I even left high school by taking the GED.”

Give up at least with this lowly educational background.

“Educational background is not important!”

…I was about to swear. Go look up a job search site, there are plenty that filter out lower than college grads, okay? If you haven’t suffered though a situation where you couldn’t even submit your documents, then please shut your mouth.

“Anyways I can’t do it, I won’t do it, I really don’t know how to do something like that. Even if you cut off my hand I won’t sign.”

I was just going to sometimes use my skills and raise pets, living off my amazing dongsaeng.

As I blocked up my ears and insisted I definitely won’t, Suk Simyeong seemed to give up eventually.

“All right. Then instead of human resources, let us make a general contract.”

“Can’t I stay halfway attached like now? I don’t have any reason to join an attack team or set foot in a dungeon claimed by Haeyeon.”

“The Hunter license guarantee and training are short-term so it is fine but to move to the employee dorms, you have to sign a contract. Especially because you will be entering, not anywhere else, but the residence targeted toward high-ranking Hunters. Even if you are the guild leader’s family member, you have to be clear about your affiliation.”