Ch 8: The Hunter's Association (2)

APRIL 11, 2019 ~ CATCAT

NOTE 11/4/2019: I have edited chapter one to be infinitely more readable.
___________________________________________

<TheHunter’s Association (2)>

The money in the gift card was a whopping one billion won.  Wow, I just told you that I needed money and you threw me a billion won.  Is this really possible? Don’t you need to pay gift tax? Are S Classes exempt from gift taxes?

Dazed, I put the card away and entered the shopping mall.

The Hunter’s Mall was located from the 3rd to the 6th level of the Hunter’s Association building.  On the 3rd and 4th floor, you can purchase items that are C Class or below, on the 5th floor you could purchase B Class items and on the 6th floor you could purchase A Class items. S Class items were only sold in auctions.

Since I was sure that I had enough money, I went directly up to the 6th floor. There were only a few guests on the 6th floor, along with a line of neatly dressed staff standing in a line at regular intervals like mannequins.

“Where are the S Class contracts?”

When I asked the question to the nearest female employee, she replied with a beautiful and kind smile.

“I’ll show you right away, sir. Would you please come this way?”

The employee guided me to a drawing room where the reception room was located, surrounded by glass walls. I looked around the drawing room and saw that there were a few reception rooms situated in this place.

When I sat down on the sofa, another female employee asked if I wanted a drink.

“Coffee.”

“Do you have any beans that you like?”

It’s just a Mac X…… But there was no instant coffee in this place.

“Uh, orange juice please.”

They will not ask about the different types of oranges. Fortunately, the staff only asked if I wanted ice before squeezing the orange straight into an expensive-looking glass.

‘It’s delicious.’

Was it an expensive orange? While I was sipping juice, a man who looked like he was around his mid to late 30s came over and greeted me with a 90 degree bow.

“My name is Ki Yunseo, the manager of the Hunter’s Mall on the 6th floor.”

Even though the contract was probably cheaper than the items on the sixth floor, the person in charge showed up. Isn’t this service a bit too much? The person in charge sat opposite me with a polished smile.

“S Class contracts are rare so people who are looking to buy them have to wait for around a few minutes. I have just sent workers down to the warehouse; I thank you for your understanding.”

“Oh, yeah. That’s okay.”

I nodded. Although the S Class contract was a decent price, it was still rare for someone to buy it.

After all, all the S Classes in South Korea were guild masters, with an exception of just one person. Since I was going to sign a contract with an S Class, it appeared that I was either of a similar level or I had a deep connection with them. That was why the person in charge came all the way out here to flatter me.

It wasn’t long before the staff brought in a luxurious leather case.

“There are currently 5 types of S Class contracts in our shopping mall. The most popular one is the Ability-Reduction contract.”