Ch 32: Found it! (2)

Found It! (2) >

‘Still, he already did seventeen.’

He must have sharpened scissors or pocket knives or kitchen knives or something like that. Why didn’t you sharpen more diligently?

‘If he had put his talent to use and had worked as a smith or a similar technician, that guy also would have only had to fulfill the basic condition.’

Since it was an optimized initial skill, he could have somehow gotten the skill while Awakening. Even if you said that the conditions were eased through the My Brat skill, if he had put his talent to use before, would he have only sharpened ten thousand knives?

If he had been born before industrialization, it would have been easier for him to go on that path, but he was born into the worng time period and environment. It was because my skill existed that there was still hope for him to find his talent, but if it wasn’t for that, it would have just been buried.

‘…I decided not to use the keyword on people, but looking at this, I’m unsure again.’

If I saw a special skill that isn’t combat- or healer-related and would obviously be buried, should I just help? If their stat ranks were low like Myeongwoo, then there wouldn’t be a lot of things going wrong later. If they were stat C or higher, they would live well even if I left them alone, so I could just pretend not to see them.

At any rate, they would be very rare cases and it would only be a couple of people, so if they stood out, let’s reel them in.

“Ahjussi, how’s this?”

Yerim held up and showed a saw about the same size as her height, as she asked. Not to mention the axe, but what was with the saw? Why would you show those kinds of things to a kid?

“Doesn’t it look like it’ll cut through ice well?”

“Just freeze a little, and mainly use the shadow eating. At any rate, if you go to a high rank dungeon, even if you used Sigh to its utmost, you’d probably only catch a few.”

“Then, as expected, would the axe be better? This seems like it raises your Strength stat pretty well.”

“Supplement your Strength with wearable equipment, and for your weapon, you should use one that matches your skills and physique. You heard during the theory class.”

Yerim put on an expression saying ‘was that so?’. Did she doze off during the training?

“Anyways when you get an attack skill, your weapon will just be there to help, so get something that fits well in your hand.”

As a combat magician, it was good to prioritize the Mana stat for even the main weapon. Though you had to keep something for melee attack in reserve. After scolding Yerim, I went toward Yoo Myeongwoo, who was still hesitating.

“Take the spear over there and defeat things with mostly defense. You just have to avoid the pressure points like you learned yesterday.”

“O-okay.”

“High ranking equipment wouldn’t get damaged by low rank monsters, so don’t worry and pick a good one. All you have to do is not lose it.”

At my words, Myeongwoo relaxed.

But why did I have to choose the equipment for the kids? Where did the training instructor[1] go? Why didn’t they come? That was negligence of duty.

‘Not even someone else, but the S-Rank novice training instructor is going around being tardy. They must be inattentive[2].’