Ch 52: Chirp(1)

<Chirp (1) >

It wasn’t easy holding back the urge to turn back now at least. It felt like I had become a horror movie character who had to pretend to the end that they couldn’t hear the creaking footsteps coming closer from behind.

‘I’m still using Lizard Stuck on the Wall.’

Just in case, I had been using it slightly since before we arrived at Seseong Guild. Since Yoohyun, who knew the normal me, could only feel it faintly, no matter how impressive Sung Hyunjae was, he probably wouldn’t be able to easily notice. Would he do something like pressing his nose to my body and smelling me, like that little brother?

“Ah, Guild Leader!”

Kang Soyoung finally noticed and turned around, so I could turn and look as well. A man who looked a lot younger than his age despite fast approaching forty, was wearing a light attire. The shirt with the sleeve buttons undone had its sleeves rolled up about halfway and he didn’t have anything like a tie. He really seemed to have free time, so I really couldn’t say ‘oh, coming all the way when you must be in embroiled in work’ and such to that appearance.

“It’s a relief that you look healthy. I worried a lot.”

Wow, it was a kind expression and tone that caused goosebumps. If I was a little more naive, I might have quickly trusted him and been moved.

“Purposely coming out and inquiring after me, it is to the extent that I feel apologetic.”

I said, filtering out the inner feelings saying that it was burdensome so please go away. At my words, Sung Hyunjae smiled. S-Ranks were all so, but he really was quite good looking. Guys who had everything.

“You came all the way here, so how could I not come out? Above all, Han Yoojin-gun will raise my-[1].”

“Thank you very much for being concerned over me!”

Fuck, Moon Hyuna really, really! Did I have to live hearing this kind of thing! I’ll properly retaliate. Shit, just you wait. If I didn’t pay this back, I wasn’t human.

Just then, Peace, who had heard me shout, quickly came running over. Then, he looked straight up at the newly appeared person.

-Kkeuoooong

Maybe he had felt some kind of apprehension because he stuck right to my leg. Seeing that appearance, Kang Soyoung gestured toward Sung Hyunjae, saying it’s okay.

“Don’t worry, Peace. This is my Guild Leader. He isn’t danger… uh, scary, um, so… he’s a nice… not that either……”

…So this young lady couldn’t lie, huh.

“Anyways he’s a good person!”

It seemed like, as a guild leader, he was indeed a good person. If Peace could completely understand people’s words, wouldn’t he have stepped back a couple steps? But since he couldn’t, he just tilted his head, going ‘what are you talking about’.

“It’s okay. We’re on the same side right now. So you can go play.”

“Though I’m planning on us staying that way.”

Sung Hyunjae said at my words, with his voice full of laughter. What planning on staying that…… Did Haeyeon and Seseong happen to join hands? Yoohyun’s attitude today was kind of weird. Even if he was at the height of his youthful vigor, his title was guild leader, so it definitely couldn’t have been just Kang Soyoung’s influence. Did they have something like a conference in secret?

“I feel relieved even with just your words.”

“It’s a tone that says you can’t trust me.”

“It is because I have lived to now difficultly, in my own way.”