'14'

My Family

My Family

 ............~~~.............

It was the dawn of midnight when Seokjin tiredly opened his eyes, his head was reeling and his breath was reeking of alcohol, his throat felt dried out and his body ached because of the fact he was turning 40 years old, yes now he knows he is old.

Slowly putting his step on the soft rug kept just beside his bed on the floor, mostly to help him with the soft sensation of warmth during cold mornings, this wasn't the morning he was waking up to but midnight with a taunting headache may be originating from the depths of his cerebrum or cerebellum.

His steps weren't that stable having an equilibrium or a catch hold of consciousness in his step but still, it was not like he would fall any moment or so, he could walk to get a glass full of water and come back to have a nice little sleep and not go tomorrow to the hospital for work, and who likes to go to any work on any day of the week? 

Walking down the stairs he heard the heavy breathing of someone, someone trying their best to catch their breath or having a panic attack, he didn't know who it was, but being a psychiatrist his first instinct was to run even though it hurt the nerves of his jaw joining the brain.

Running downstairs he got saw his own daughter Jin-Hye covering her ears and screaming which was inaudible and barely audible as a breath, he ran to her in an instinct of being a dad to give his child support. When he reached she sat down on her knees crying hysterically he doesn't know why? He had never experienced Jin-hye in this state not since she turned eleven years old.

Pulling the shaking girl in his embrace Seokjin started mumbling sweet nothings feeling his own heartbeat rage against his ribs and shatter at the broken state of her daughter, it was really coming back again to haunt her, the same nightmares which she usually told him when she would see those when she was small.

Seokjin felt his eyes prick with tears seeing his daughter in a state he didn't know would appear again  "Jin-Hye shh, I am here, take deep breaths okay, dad is here for you, stop crying sweetpea I am here, shh take deep breaths to calm down, I am here okay?"

He heard Jin-hye whisper with just a few decibels to hear but still he can "Was it all a dream?" Dream? He got a hint of what was the reason for Jin-Hye behaving like that he patted her back to calm her ragged pit breath and swiftly rub off the tears which cascaded her countenance and lifted the passed-out girl in his arms.

Even though he was forty he had strength enough to lift up his daughter thanks to all the gym he did back then when Taehyung and he were still youngsters.

Placing Jin-Hye on her bed gently he wiped the tears and swollen eyes which it left, parted away the hairs falling on her face a bit caressing the soft skin and leaving a small kiss on her forehead smiling a bit, he will ask about this when Jin-hye voluntarily comes to him till then he would leave it up to be.