Chapter 20: Busted and Knives

"Come this way." I quickly shut the door behind her, lock it, and grab Linda's wrist to essentially pull her across the room and through the dividing door. Once in the next room I order her to sit down on the bed as I rush to draw the curtains.

"Sit down and don't get up. I don't want to think about what I will have to do to you if you disobey."

"Kade? What's happening? Was she-?" The confusion and alarm is obvious in her voice. My hand goes to my hilt as she starts to stand up, and she notices.

"Stay seated." I command. "You have to stay here long enough for Heather to wake up, and then we will decide what to do with you."

This is a bad situation. Now someone who can identify us knows. Previously anyone who had seen Heather had been killed, but now someone important knows. And on top of everything, this is someone I really don't want to have to get rid of.

Her eyes narrow while glancing towards the door to the adjacent room, the door to the hallway and then back to me. Her right hand starts to move down towards her boot.

"Stop that. Keep your hands where I can see them." My hand now wraps around the handle of my sword." Please wake up soon Master. I need you. This looks like it might get violent.

Linda huffs quietly, but obeys and brings her hand back to her lap, but she closes them and grabs her wrist.

"Also keep your hands open and palms facing towards me." I am not going to take any more risks.

"Actually, do me a favor and kick off your boots, but do it slowly while keeping your hands where I can see them."

"Trying to force me to strip hmm?.. I didn't take you for that kind of guy.." She makes her voice go lower, trying to use a seductive tone, which, if my emotions weren't currently on hold, my heart probably would have skipped a beat.

I draw my blade halfway, at which she obeys. First she kicks off her left boot, and then after a second of hesitation removes her right one as well, revealing a sturdy dagger strapped to her leg between her calf and ankle by a black leather band.

Was she gonna stab me with that?!

"I want you to lay down on your stomach with your arms pointed straight out. I'm going to grab this knife from you."

"Trying to prove you're a top are you?.."

She does as she's told, and as I get closer I draw my blade completely and hold the tip against Linda's back.

"Stay still and silent."

"Ooh.. So adamant.."

As I grab for the knife suddenly all I see is a foot shooting up and hits me square in the face, causing me to stagger back and briefly shut my eyes. After a split second I open my eyes to see the girl twist around, kick my sword hand making me drop it, and almost instantly after a pair of legs wrap around my arm and neck and I find myself crashing to the floor.

Out of reflex my free hand went under me to catch myself, so now I'm laying on the floor, Linda on top of me wrapping around and holding my right arm and neck firmly in place, while my left hand is stuck underneath me.

This is a bad situation and I'm completely at her mercy.

"Well, well, well. Isn't this a funny situation?" Linda says, pressing the dagger which she somehow pulled out against my throat. "Looks like you're the one who is at the bottom now.. Care to explain some things? Or should I slice your throat and then move on to your helpless witch in the other room? Your beautiful heads are worth a pretty penny you know. Just your heads. No bodies attached." A dark glint flashes in her eyes as she leans in.

"That's true. But I'll have you know. Beheading a witch isn't nearly as straightforward as that. From gentle breeze to destructive storm, all life lies at your mercy. Grant me your speed and your influence. Wind Punch."

A figure rushes through the doorway, striking Linda, and sends her flying across the room and into the wall. She falls down to the floor unconscious.

"Kade. You will explain all this later, but for now, search her for any more weapons, and then tie up her hands with that strap on her leg. Make sure to do it hard enough. I don't care if it cuts off the blood flow." Heather does not look in a good mood, but I'm impressed by her calmness in the situation which she radiates.

After searching Linda and tying her up, I collect the additional weapons I found, and place them on the desk. On her person, Linda carries three throwing knives fastened on the inside of her thigh, a smaller and thinner knife up her sleeve and lastly two incredibly sharp needles which she used to fasten up her hair today. I wonder why she went for the knife in the boot rather than those. The two needles are definitely more flimsy than the knife in the boot, but they would be faster to grab in order to surprise me.

Thank goodness Heather came in on time. I thought my time was up.

"Did.. Did you finish your project?.." I ask her nervously.

"Yes."

I exhale. At least I won't have to deal with the consequences of that, although being responsible for getting busted is probably worse.

"Now. Tell me what happened. The whole story. Nothing left out. How did this situation occur?" She leans in close and I tell her everything.