40

Callie couldn't believe she thought she was pregnant again. She knew she wasn't ready. She knew that everything was just getting more and more messy.

Callie didn't know what she and Simon were going to do if she was pregnant. She knew she was still in school. And she knew she had Amber. Which was harder now she was getting older.

Callie knew that if she was pregnant, she was considering an abortion. But part of her was worried that nothing was going to work out. And that's what she hated the most.

When she woke that morning, she saw Simon walking in. Amber on his hip. He smiled. "Morning," he said as he put Amber on the bed. He kissed Callie. "Are you okay? You don't seem yourself."

"I'm okay. I just didn't sleep too well last night. Bad dream," she said. She knew she was lying.

Simon smiled and kissed her again. "It's going to be okay. I promise you. You are amazing. And if you need to, stay off school today. No one will say anything."

"No. It's fine. I need to keep up with work. exams are coming up. And I want to make my mum proud. You know?"

"I know. And you will. You could make even the pope proud," Simon said as he looked into her blue eyes.

Callie smiled and nodded. "That's so sweet. But I think the pope would smile for a lot more than just a school girl passing her exams. But I love the idea," she said.

Simon laughed and nodded. He kissed her. "I've got a meeting with Max this morning. So will you be okay to make your own way in?"

"Babe. I'm a big girl. Don't worry."

Simon winked and walked off. Callie looked to Amber who was playing with her toys. "Mummy's in a mess baby."

"Mess!"

Callie smiled and kissed her head. She knew how she needed to find out if she was pregnant or not. And she knew she needed to talk to Simon. To see what he wanted.

***
Callie went into school. She had taken Amber to the crèche and smiled as she saw Charlee. "Have you and Max sorted things yet?" She asked.

Charlee sighed. "I don't know what's going on with us anymore. I'm sick of always arguing with him. He doesn't seem to understand that this is literally an important time for me. My exams are round the corner. And all I want is for him to have Esmè a little longer so I can study."

Callie smiled. "I can have her if you need it? Or ask mum. I know she would want to spend time with her," she said.

"I don't know. I just want to make something of my life. Be a mum Esmè will be proud of. Max just makes that impossible," Charlee said as she walked off.

***
Callie sat in the toilets and sighed. She had a pregnancy test in her bag. She knew she was taking the test before she even mentioned it to Simon.

Callie took the test and placed it on the sink why she washed her hands. Eventually the timer on her phone went off. She picked up the test and saw it was...